A3 Ethernet Problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Unhappy A3 Ethernet Problem

Ok, so I picked up an A3 on Monday from BB, I also had picked up an A2 from Wal-Mart last Friday. I was able to update the firmware on the A2 via the included Ethernet connection over the weekend. Last night I was setting up the A3 because the A2 has a new home to go to and my A3 cannot connect to the internet. When I turned DHCP on in the A2 the IP address, Subnet mask and gateway are grayed out. When I do the same on the A3 all those are blank. It's like the A3 isn't seeing the internet at all. Anybody have any suggestions? When I get home tonight I plan on hooking it up directly to my modem to see if that helps.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlade View Post
Ok, so I picked up an A3 on Monday from BB, I also had picked up an A2 from Wal-Mart last Friday. I was able to update the firmware on the A2 via the included Ethernet connection over the weekend. Last night I was setting up the A3 because the A2 has a new home to go to and my A3 cannot connect to the internet. When I turned DHCP on in the A2 the IP address, Subnet mask and gateway are grayed out. When I do the same on the A3 all those are blank. It's like the A3 isn't seeing the internet at all. Anybody have any suggestions? When I get home tonight I plan on hooking it up directly to my modem to see if that helps.
Turn it on and hit the confirm button, I believe it will detect the proper settings on its own. Once it detects the settings you then have to turn off the machine and turn it back on before the settings are active.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:16 PM

When I hit confirm it does nothing. I did the same thing with the A3 that I did with the A2 when I it up but the A3 is acting like it's not connected when it really is.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:00 PM

Smile

I heard you have to have the clock and date set. Give it a try?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 PM

I've had problems in the past with my A1 and this is what worked for me...

1) Initialize the player (If your using HDMI this may switch off the connection so you may have to change the video output back to HDMI).
2) Turn off the player
3) Turn on the player
4) Turn on the modem
5) Turn on DHCP and DNS
6) Confirm

This has worked for me in the past. It has something to do with your modem still recognizing the old IP address from the previous connection, doing the above will reset the modem for the new player.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:37 AM

It was a problem with my router, I was limiting the number of connections it could have. Once I increased my limit by one it updated no problem, now if I could get past that bloody error code.