A2 Owner.....Is the A3 Worth Upgrade or go to A20 or A30? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Formerly candymangt

Default A2 Owner.....Is the A3 Worth Upgrade or go to A20 or A30?

As the title states, I'm an A2 adopter from the beginning of the year when they first released. With all these crazy A2 and A3 deals that are going on, I was tempted to get a second A2 for the bedroom/living room or even better getting the A3 to use for my main TV and then moving the A2 from there to either the bedroom or living room upstairs.

I currently have a Samsung 1080P DLP HLS5087W and the Onkyo 604 (which does full HDMI Pict and audio pass-through).

If I'm looking for a second player with all these prices dropping, should I look for the A20 cheap since it does 1080p or even the A30 instead of going with the A3 since it won't provide me a huge upgrade over the A2?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:16 AM

A3 is really no different then the A2 other than size of box frame and look..

A2 has dolby true hd decoders where the A3 has Dolby True HD..

So the only difference is depending on if you use a high end stereo receiver for your home theater and thats just sound.

honestly I have a chincy home theater system and works just fine for me and I do notice a difference when i turn the movies sound capability to True HD...

If you have a 1080p tv I would recommend getting a A20 or A30 if you can afford it I think there is a minor picture difference although most 1080P tv's can deinterlace your picture to produce a 1080p image so you dont necesssarily need to upgrade. You could buy both try em out and return the one you dont want if your that curious.

I have a A20 and Im very happy with it, I did notice a difference on my particular tv using the A20 over the A2. I have a 1080p tv.

Bought my mom the A2 for xmas early gift.. She has 720p resolution so the A2 looks gresat on her tv..
Old 11-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnuts77 View Post
A3 is really no different then the A2 other than size of box frame and look..

A2 has dolby true hd decoders where the A3 has Dolby True HD..

So the only difference is depending on if you use a high end stereo receiver for your home theater and thats just sound.

honestly I have a chincy home theater system and works just fine for me and I do notice a difference when i turn the movies sound capability to True HD...

If you have a 1080p tv I would recommend getting a A20 or A30 if you can afford it I think there is a minor picture difference although most 1080P tv's can deinterlace your picture to produce a 1080p image so you dont necesssarily need to upgrade. You could buy both try em out and return the one you dont want if your that curious.

I have a A20 and Im very happy with it, I did notice a difference on my particular tv using the A20 over the A2. I have a 1080p tv.

Bought my mom the A2 for xmas early gift.. She has 720p resolution so the A2 looks gresat on her tv..
Right now I can't buy the A20 due to the price being a bit out of my range with too many 360 games coming out this month and BD/HD-DVD movies. One of my main purposes was to move the A2 upstairs and the Best Buy A3 deal going on right now with 2 in-box + 3 in store movies for $199 is just making me want to jump at it. I'm thinking that I can always sell 2 both 300 and Bourne since I already own those to make this an even cheaper purchase.

All signals get deinterlaced with my Sammy 1080p set. I also have a PS3, so I have a BD collection also and HD-DVD movies look just as good as my BD movies and the PS3 is 1080p.

This is a tough decision.