If more movies are being released for Blu-ray... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 PM

Default If more movies are being released for Blu-ray...

... why is HD-DVD doing so much better? Mind you, I'm happy about it because I'm a firm HD-DVD supported, but there are a lot of movies I can't watch in High Definition because of the Blu-Ray format.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Whenever that gets you down I say don't worry about it.

I don't know about you but I'm not a millionaire. I treat myself the 3 HD DVDs a month and I havn't come close to running out of titles I want to buy.

There are a few nice ones we're missing on Blu-ray but they are missing a bunch of really good ones as well. For all those movies you can't get on HD DVD I say just download them either through Xbox, iTunes, or BitTorrent.

The rest of the studios will come through, just might have to wait till the end of 2007.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Banned

Easy answer: HD DVD isn't doing "so much better" http://www.hdgamedb.com/amazon/history.aspx

Last edited by glocks out; 01-25-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocks out View Post
Easy answer: HD DVD isn't doing "so much better" http://www.hdgamedb.com/amazon/history.aspx

Yeah a 24 hour look will do that, I do agree that HD-DVD isnt doin "so much better" I am not a fanboy of either side, even though I support as of now only HD-DVD. Blu Ray has "flooded" the market with pre orders so people are snapping them up right now though HD-DVD still has the lead on titles that can actually ship rather then titles that you can actually purchase. Personally i am not worried either way...let the fanboys flame each other till they burn I say
Old 01-26-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HovhannesB View Post
... why is HD-DVD doing so much better? Mind you, I'm happy about it because I'm a firm HD-DVD supported, but there are a lot of movies I can't watch in High Definition because of the Blu-Ray format.
I dont think there is any proof of HD-DVD doing better. Having said that, there is no proof of Blu-ray doing any better either.

Are there more Blu-ray players out there? yup, including Pioneer, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic and the mighty PS3. Lots more titles too but lots more Studio support.

Having said that, HD-DVD had more or less a glitchless launch compared, less support but got out of the gate faster. Also has a lower price range.

Looking at such facts, there is no real way to yet to judge who is doing better. Everyside will tout their own horns so stick with what you got and enjoy and if not, join the other side or support both. If not, there is always the painless DVD route