Best HDMI cables for HD-A2 for under $50 bucks - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Best HDMI cables for HD-A2 for under $50 bucks

This is what I current have on my upconverter:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4810666

I don't want to have to switch cables back and forth everytime I wanna watch an HD-DVD, so what are some good ones that are affordable enough?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:21 AM

www.bluejeanscable.com
or
www.monoprice.com
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
I meant, what are some good ones to buy at Circuit City or Fry's? I plan on buying the HD-A2 within the next 2 weeks, and I'm looking for a reasonably priced HDMI cable.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 AM

Is this one any good?
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/NexxT...oductDetail.do
Old 10-30-2007, 02:35 AM

If you get the cables at Circuit City or Fry's you are going to SERIOUSLY over pay. I got my cables at Sam's. They are Belkin and were about $20, which is still more than the calbes from monoprice even after shipping. The thing about HDMI is that it's digital, a $300 Monster cable is a complete waste. Basically, if you get an HDMI cable and you get a picture with out little "stars" in the picture, it's fine. You will know immediately if it's a bad cable.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoody View Post
If you get the cables at Circuit City or Fry's you are going to SERIOUSLY over pay. I got my cables at Sam's. They are Belkin and were about $20, which is still more than the calbes from monoprice even after shipping. The thing about HDMI is that it's digital, a $300 Monster cable is a complete waste. Basically, if you get an HDMI cable and you get a picture with out little "stars" in the picture, it's fine. You will know immediately if it's a bad cable.
I don't have a Sam's Club card. I love the Belkin that I use on my upconverter, maybe I'll just use that.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 AM

You probably won't find much under $50 at Circuit City, BestBuy, or Fry's. HDMI cables have a huge mark-up in stores.

The cheapest HDMI cable I could find on CC is $50 for a Nexxtech cable(never heard of them) or $60 for a Monster cable.

Bestbuy has a couple of Dynex cables (never heard of them) for around $50 or Monster start at about $55.

Fry's has a lot of cables starting at under $20. I haven't heard of any of them either but at $15 you aren't out much if it is flimsy and breaks on you. Most HDMI cables will give you a good picture over short distances but the risk is if they are poorly built one bump and the end might fall off.

There have been quite a few posts about HDMI cables if you search around the forums a bit and generally most will recommend one of the websites I listed above because they make good reliable inexpensive cables. I have been using bluejeanscables myself for a couple of years and haven't had any problems with them. I think I've ordered from them 4 times over the years and there shipping is usually only about 3-4 days and you can save big money.

If you want to avoid buying online I would probably recommend Monster. They are overpriced IMO but they are also good quality from all the reviews I've read.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:45 AM

Monoprice for sure. i have like 3 of their hdmi cables and they work great. i'm planning on getting one of their hdmi switchers pretty soon
Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsho01 View Post
Monoprice for sure. i have like 3 of their hdmi cables and they work great. i'm planning on getting one of their hdmi switchers pretty soon
I have 7 HDMI cables from them and a 3x1 switcher. Amazing products for their price points. I couldn't recommend anything better.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 PM

you can go to walmart and get a Phillips HDMI cable for 27 bucks. Dont waste your money on a HDMI cable from Monster way overpriced. I bought a monster and a phillips hdmi and no difference they look the same its piece of mind for someone who needs best of everything to pay that much...