Anyone having issues with HD-A2 and Monoprice HDMI switchbox? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-22-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Anyone having issues with HD-A2 and Monoprice HDMI switchbox?

Recently ordered the Monoprice3x1 HDMI switcher and can't seem to get it to work with my Toshiba HD-A2. After a couple of minutes of playing the screen goes black, if I skip to the next chapter or fast forward a bit it comes back, then another couple minutes it goes black again. Tried it with out the switcher hooked up to the TV and it plays fine, tried differnet cables, different ports on the switcher, an the A2 is at it's current firmware update. My 360 and Ps3 work fine on the switchbox, just my A2 is having issues.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
Recently ordered the Monoprice3x1 HDMI switcher and can't seem to get it to work with my Toshiba HD-A2. After a couple of minutes of playing the screen goes black, if I skip to the next chapter or fast forward a bit it comes back, then another couple minutes it goes black again. Tried it with out the switcher hooked up to the TV and it plays fine, tried differnet cables, different ports on the switcher, an the A2 is at it's current firmware update. My 360 and Ps3 work fine on the switchbox, just my A2 is having issues.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Hmm, strange - I used the Monoprice 2 port switch for almost a year with my XA1 and had no problems at at all.

I've been helping a guy on another forum that's been having a similar problem with an A2 to the DVI input on his HDTV - same problem of picture fading in & out. I've been telling it must be his TV as if my player ever loses the HDMI connection it immediately displays the "No HDMI LInk" and the LED, and then stops. Never heard of the picture fading in & out before. Well, it sounds like your Monoprice switch is fine if your PS3 & Xbox are happy with it. I guess component is not an option?

Sorry can't be more helpful.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:22 PM

I had/have the same problem with the MonoPrice 4x1 switch...it kept dropping the signal exactly like you described. I tried two other switches (a Terk self switching model and a Psyclone model, both from Best Buy)...I experienced the same problems with those switches.

I finally connected the HD-A2 via component (my HDTV is only a 720P model anyway) and it works fine. I never did get any of the HDMI switches I tried to work with the A2. I know that's not very reassuring, but I just didn't want you to think that your problem was unique. Seems taht HDMI can be very temperamental.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Banned

No problems with mine......
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM

maybe a new hdmi cable would work with the A2. That's all I can think of. I ordered my hdmi cables from www.svideo.com
and I love them (if that's possible with a friggin' cable)
I got the blue ps3 ones.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 AM

My HD-A2 works perfectly w/ that same monoprice HDMI switcher
Old 10-23-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzlehd View Post
My HD-A2 works perfectly w/ that same monoprice HDMI switcher
It's good to know that at least there is a chance it will work. I'm currently using all monoprice cables, I wonder If getting a higher grade cable will fix the issue.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
It's good to know that at least there is a chance it will work. I'm currently using all monoprice cables, I wonder If getting a higher grade cable will fix the issue.
I have the exact setup and it works. I have my PS3,A2,and HD PVR hooked up to it. Have you tried hooking your PS3 to the input you are using for your A2? I have a funny feeling you may have a bad input. Give it a try and let me know. Perhaps also contact monoprice and they may send you a replacement.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaler View Post
I have the exact setup and it works. I have my PS3,A2,and HD PVR hooked up to it. Have you tried hooking your PS3 to the input you are using for your A2? I have a funny feeling you may have a bad input. Give it a try and let me know. Perhaps also contact monoprice and they may send you a replacement.
Yeah, I tried all 3 ports with the A2. I ordered a couple of Monster cables to see if that's the problem. If those don't work I'll try returning it to Monoprice for an exchange. I just hope it's not my TV that's finnicky.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I tried all 3 ports with the A2. I ordered a couple of Monster cables to see if that's the problem. If those don't work I'll try returning it to Monoprice for an exchange. I just hope it's not my TV that's finnicky.
It's not your cables. I use the monoprice $4 6ft HDMI cables for my entire setup (i believe 6 in total.) I also hope its not your TV but you said it works without the switcher so i doubt its the TV. I would try exchanging the switch.