Can't Ge My Toshiba HD-DVD A2 To Connect To Internet! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Can't Get My Toshiba HD-DVD A2 To Connect To Internet!

HELP!
I have recently connected an ethernet cable from my network switch and can't seem to get the player to connect to the internet. I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and the network is secured. I attempted the port forwarding thing with the players IP address but I am not really sure what port that would even be. When I connect the player to the DCHP settings it seems to see the network because it changes the ip address from what it was. I can't seem to tell if there is anyway to test the network connection other than trying to do a firmware ugrade which all I get is "Can't find out server." I am assuming my password protected network is possibly causing the problem. Any help? I am at my wits end!

Thanks!

Last edited by wedway; 10-21-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedway View Post
HELP!
I have recently connected an ethernet cable from my network switch and can't seem to get the player to connect to the internet. I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router and the network is secured. I attempted the port forwarding thing with the players IP address but I am not really sure what port that would even be. When I connect the player to the DCHP settings it seems to see the network because it changes the ip address from what it was. I can't seem to tell if there is anyway to test the network connection other than trying to do a firmware ugrade which all I get is "Can't find out server." I am assuming my password protected network is possibly causing the problem. Any help? I am at my wits end!

Thanks!
Bumping this....I'm having the same issue too! I thought that perhaps it was my router, so I pluged the player directly into my modem....same thing though...

THEN, I tried to burn the firmware to a CD-R just like the site tells you to do as an alternative, but the ISO file is in some cases unrecognized as a compatible format. It did recognize it in my Roxio V.8 software, but every time it attempts to burn, it gets 90% through the burn then errors out on me.

I guess the only alternative is a disc you can have sent from Toshiba directly with the update on it, but I don't like waiting

I wonder if it can be burnt to DVD and have the same results?

I had no probs with my HD-A2 until I recently purchased A Scanner Darkly, and when I pop it in the player, it tells me that it's not a DVD.....no shit!

Any help here would be appreciated!!
Old 10-21-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Fixed!

I was able to get it going by Port forwarding on the router and power cycling the player.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Try calling CS. They will know how to help if you can't get it to work.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:18 PM

I had the exact same problem after unboxing my A2 yesterday. Even though I had a valid IP, it would not connect. I turned the power off and on, and tried the update again, and it worked. No fiddling with the router necessary.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 PM

I wouldn't think that any port forwarding is needed. In fact, it could mess up the rest of your system's ability to surf normally. I would follow the above advice, power cycle the player and the router first.

As far as burning the ISO, try this link for XP http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

If you have a mac, you have to use the Disk Utility program.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:53 PM

I just d/l'd the update and burn to a CD-R. I'm not much of an extra person so I don't need the connectivity but I might give it a go. I have the same Linksys mentioned above so I'll post back my results.