Transformers audio low - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-19-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Transformers audio low

The Transformers audio seems to be lower than most of my other HD DVD titles.

Anyone else notice this or is there something screwy with my player?

I think I read somewhere that if you have some combinations of setting in the audio options it will attenuate the audio output?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:39 PM

I noticed this too. Other DD+ movies that I have are a bit louder. Probably just the way it was encoded. I didn't bother to look through the numerous pages of the Transformers thread to see if others noticed this.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

Man my Transformers is loud enough on 60 to bust your ear drums. Only movie I have that is low is Phantom of the Opera, that sucks to because that movie should be very loud, I wonder why some movies are like this, I bet it's how our setups are.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Movie soundtracks that require a lot of dynamic range are typically set with a low default starting volume. That gives them more headroom when they need to hit the highest highs.

If this wasn't done, the track might clip and distort at the higher frequencies.

It's not an error. You just need to turn up your master volume a few extra notches.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I thought it was low too and figured it had something to do with being played via my add-on drive. Actually worked out great for me though cause I am always nervous about pissing off my neighbors above me when any actions scenes come on.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:38 PM

I've noticed this too! Just wondering what hd dvd players you have? I have a toshiba hda-20. Am having problems with low volume on true hd as well say on the matrix and batman begins. I have version 2.0 currently and didnt correct it.I'm using hdmi for connection and my receiver is onkyo 605. Can you guys help. BTW this is my 2nd hd-a20 same problems...
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 AM

Also why does swithcing to french or spanish audio track fixx the problem immediatly!!!??? The volume level, lfe, center dialogue goes up by about 40%..makes the english track sound like garbage on t-formers and riddick..Can anyone help or try this on tour t-formers disc by swithcing to french /spanich and you will see what I'm talking about..Thanks!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 PM

I have noticed this too on HD DVD's vs. DVD. I really have to crank up the volume on HD DVD's and not even nearly as high on a reagular DVD. I imagine it is exactly what Josh is talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Movie soundtracks that require a lot of dynamic range are typically set with a low default starting volume. That gives them more headroom when they need to hit the highest highs.

If this wasn't done, the track might clip and distort at the higher frequencies.

It's not an error. You just need to turn up your master volume a few extra notches.
It used to bother me but then I figured I'll probably never max out the volume on my receiver before my ears explode. I would rather enjoy a High res audio track cranked up a few notches than a low res one set at a "Normal" level, (if thats what you want to call it).
Old 11-12-2007, 03:08 PM

If it's that then I'm ok, but the spanish/french tracks should not sound so much better then the english?!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misel00 View Post
If it's that then I'm ok, but the spanish/french tracks should not sound so much better then the english?!
Maybe the French and Spanish people are hearing impaired? jk