TX-SR605+HD-A30 player= Bliss???? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 PM

Default TX-SR605+HD-A30 player= Bliss????

Im looking for honest opinions on whether I should pick up this receiver. If anyone has this, please let me know what you think. Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM

I have the IX-SR605 and I like it. It had one setup quirk, the video out through HDMI was disabled by default, so I had to set it up with a Svideo cable until I switched it to HDMI. Other than that, it's easy to setup, and works great. I have the HD-A2 and have had no issues that make me regret the purchase. I sort of wish that you could rename the inputs, so that CABLE/SAT or AUX could be renamed DVD2 or something on the display (obviously you can't do anything about what is silkscreened on the front).

The sound is great, volume is awesome, setup for the speakers is a breeze. I have nothing to complain about at all.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:00 PM

thanks a lot for the info.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:04 PM

You can rename the inputs on the 805. I have not tried doing it with the 605, though.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:48 PM

I'm a big fan of this receiver, and I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipsnapsappy View Post
You can rename the inputs on the 805. I have not tried doing it with the 605, though.
I think you can only rename them from the 705 on up.

I just bought the 605 yesterday, and after spending about 8 hours tinkering, adding a new sub, bookshelf speakers, running new wires I finally got to sit down with it tonight, and all I can say is WOW!!

I have the HD-A2 & a PS3. So far I've tried Alien v. Predator & Kingdom of Heaven BR on the PS3 and the sound was good but it did not blow me away.

When I put in Seabiscuit into the A2 I couldn't get the smile off my face. I have a 7.1 setup and it was like being in a theater. My sub really came to life, and all the sounds just melted together hell I'm still smiling.

Now I just have to figure out what's going on with the PS3. This morning before I added my 2 new bookshelf speakers the PS3 was playing PCM Multi Chann like it should. Now that it's 7.1 I don't have that option any more so maybe that's the reason the sound wasn't as good.

I also bought the Sirius Home-Kit and I'm really enjoying this, with a flick of a button I'm listening to Howard Stern or Alt Nation.

My only complaint would be it sucks for upscaling component to HDMI. So much that I couldn't bare it and just unhooked it. I've heard all you have to do to get around this is to run Component out from the 605 to your TV and it bypasses the HDMI so I am considering doing this. Just because it's so convenient to hit the receiver button then changing it on my TV.

I give this an A+ must buy for HD content.