Xbox 360 HD DVD and Network connections - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Xbox 360 HD DVD and Network connections

hey all,

First time posting but long time reader.

So I have just recently jumped into the HD game with the purchase of a HDTV and the HD add-on

I have watched a few movies and everything looks great.

However, today I bought Evan Almighty. I put it in and immediately it went to a loading screen. Here the system froze. I finally shut it off and restarted. This time it went straight to the menu and everything was good again.

After watching the flick, I decided to check out the internet features, since this was the first disc I have gotten that had this feature. I went to the option and the screen told me i had a "network error"

So I exited and went to the dashboard, checked that I was in fact signed into Live and I then DLed a demo just to make sure. Everything was working excellent.

I went back to the movie and attempted to go online again, and got network error one more time. Then I remembered reading somewhere on here that you can turn the option for the HD addon to access the internet. So i went to the advanced menu, make sure it was set to access the network and checked to accept all cookies. then I went back and tried to do the network again. which it then froze again forcing me to reset the system.

anyone got any ideas?? is my disc not working? I have never been prompted to update my hd add on, but I was told this happens behind the scenes, so who knows???

please help thanks
matt
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Hey matt, just got it myself, put the disc in, and when it gets to that screen let it sit for 6 mins and by then the bar should be gone and the movie started

You might think it freeze's but its actually doing a network download for the features.

Btw, welcome to the HD world, let me know if this info helped.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:58 PM

hey man...

Mine froze at that point. then after a reset, it never goes there again. It now just jumps straight to the Universal logo now, the loading screen is now gone.....

is there a way to "reset" the system so it is just as if i have never put the disc in??
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM

If you go to the last Blade on the 360, I think its the System blade? and click on "Network" you'll have the choice of looking at the HD-DVD drive cookies. Just delete whatever cookies you see.

Let me kno if you found it ok
Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 PM

Hey there welcome to High Def!

I picked up Knocked Up recently and it did the same thing and I just waited for a few mins and it finished downloading or whatever. I think it has to do with some of the web enabled special features. My advice would be to let it do its thing, that way you dont have to worry about it next time and you wont be missing out on any extra features. L8rz!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:56 PM

hey guys,

I found the blade and I deleted everything that was "saved" on the hd dvd drive since I could not figure out what went to what.

after that I put the disc back in, let it go this time for the whole process and now it works.

so i guess when it "froze" it was just loading data......oh well its fixed now..

thanks guys I figured I could count on youse
Old 10-09-2007, 04:16 PM

Hah, enjoy, make sure to check out the "Animals 2 by 2" extra as well as the outtakes, amazing how many animals they used
Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM

you gotta let it sit for like 5 minutes to load whatever it's gonna load (knocked up does this too). You only have to do it once though.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 AM

I am still new to this high def thing (i am still working on HD cable)

It just seems weird to me that the first time you put a disc in you have to wait 6 min for it to actually "work." I mean I am ok with it, but it sure would make me upset if some friends and I pick up an HDDVD and get home to watch it and we have to wait 6 min for it to start......

but hey early adapters always have to suffer right???

thanks again for your help, look forward to reading/posting more on here.