Audio Doesn't Sync On Certain Hd-dvd's On My A30 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-04-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Audio Doesn't Sync On Certain Hd-dvd's On My A30

Hey I was playing my Eagles Farewell Tour HD-DVD just right now and the whole damn thing is not synched. When Don Henley sings "The Long Run" lead vocals, it's way off. When Timothy B Schmit sings "I Can't Tell You Why" it's off. Even when glenn frey hits the first piano chords to complement Schmit's bassline intro, it's way off. Whassup? What can be done to fix the problem? Let me know. I thought it just goes away after a few seconds but it sticks.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 AM

Oh wait a minute, I turned it off then on again and restarted it. Now the sound is synched again. But my point is I shouldn't have to do that when it's such a new thing. DVD players never had that problem. This is a 3rd generation HD-DVD player we're talkin about here folks. So what do you more intelligent people have that you can tell me. Let me know. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Which audio output are you using?

I've found audio sync to be a problem on both formats. It's usually worse over analog connections than digital.

Sometimes it helps to pause and restart the movie, sometimes not.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:38 PM
analog/digital audio expert

Well, I could say "that's what you get for listening to the Eagles" but I won't. Ooops. Guess I did... ;-)

1080p/24 consistently has this problem with firmware 2.5 on my XA2.
I had to drop back to 1080p.

Do they WATCH movies when they test software for release? "Ordinarily, you don't find that kind of behavior in a major appliance."
Old 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM

what else does the upgrade do?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:24 PM
analog/digital audio expert

1080p/24 was the big feature for it, there were other fixes to "compatibility and performance," which usually means some interactive features weren't working on some discs. :-)

Check the Toshiba support site for the 2.5 features
Old 10-04-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post
Well, I could say "that's what you get for listening to the Eagles" but I won't. Ooops. Guess I did... ;-)

1080p/24 consistently has this problem with firmware 2.5 on my XA2.
I had to drop back to 1080p.

Do they WATCH movies when they test software for release? "Ordinarily, you don't find that kind of behavior in a major appliance."
Haha I find the Eagles to be one of the best rock bands that ever existed thank you very much. Anyway I dont think they test these products really. I think they just make them and cross their fingers that they didn't make a product that is messed up. That's probably how it is with Toshiba. Dont worry, high-def machines are still fairly new. We're just all impatient people who want to get it so bad because we love how it looks and sounds so much. I understand. It's great. So I agree with your last comment for sure.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Which audio output are you using?

I've found audio sync to be a problem on both formats. It's usually worse over analog connections than digital.

Sometimes it helps to pause and restart the movie, sometimes not.
I'm not HD-savvy like the rest of you. Tell me how I can find out. lol. Let me know