Deep Color - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-22-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Deep Color

So I know the A35 and the XA2 support something called "Deep Color" which should make the distinction between the A35 and the A30. I am actually thinking of saying "F*** it" and just buy the A30 tonight. Hopefully any of you could tell me whether or not I'm losing out by not waiting for the Deep Color feature on the A35.

Cuz when I think about it, there is not much a difference between the A35 and the A30, right? Please let me know.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:11 PM

Deep color and Dolby 7.1 comes through the HDMI 1.3 in the A35 if your TV doesnt have HDMI 1.3 probably wont see much of an improvement. Kind of like if someone bought 720P High Def tv and bought a 1080p DVD player the difference isnt that much...

So if your TV doesnt have HDMI 1.3 then you probably wont see much of a difference. But the piece of mind I guess that you have state of the art technology :P

Thats really the only difference between A30 and A35. the A35 is for people that can afford all the crazy ass high end tv's home theater systems and so on..
Old 09-22-2007, 09:22 PM

So...... you're saying it's not a big loss for me to buy the A30 now as opposed to the A35, right? You all see what TV I've got in my signature. So let me know.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Does your TV have HDMI 1.3 or just standard HDMI? If your TV has HDMi1.3 id get the A35 otherwise you wont see much of a difference.. NO reason to really upgrade on a player by the time you get a new High Def player will probably be the time you get a new Tv and the technology will have changed so much and prices drop that really not a big deal to go above and beyond whats out there at the moment especially if your tv cant perform up to it or you cant afford it right now...

in my opinion i would go with the A30 if you dont have HDMI 1.3 on your tv..
Old 09-22-2007, 10:06 PM

Just read http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh..._Necessary/853 on the subject, you'll probably agree that 1.3 isn't needed because without you having a 1.3 compatible TV, 1.3 compatible HD DVD player, a 1.3 compatible cable AND 1.3 compatible HD DVDs that support deep colour (none have been announced or even hinted at) then 1.2 will be fine.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnuts77 View Post
Deep color and Dolby 7.1 comes through the HDMI 1.3 in the A35 if your TV doesnt have HDMI 1.3 probably wont see much of an improvement. Kind of like if someone bought 720P High Def tv and bought a 1080p DVD player the difference isnt that much...

So if your TV doesnt have HDMI 1.3 then you probably wont see much of a difference. But the piece of mind I guess that you have state of the art technology :P

Thats really the only difference between A30 and A35. the A35 is for people that can afford all the crazy ass high end tv's home theater systems and so on..

Even if your set has HDMI 1.3 you won't see any difference. No packaged media has more than 8 bits. The only thing that might use Deep Color anytime soon is some Camcorders and if you don't have one of those then there is defintely no need to worry about Deep color.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:06 PM

learn something new everyday so A35 is not worth the extra cashola
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnuts77 View Post
Does your TV have HDMI 1.3 or just standard HDMI? If your TV has HDMi1.3 id get the A35 otherwise you wont see much of a difference.. NO reason to really upgrade on a player by the time you get a new High Def player will probably be the time you get a new Tv and the technology will have changed so much and prices drop that really not a big deal to go above and beyond whats out there at the moment especially if your tv cant perform up to it or you cant afford it right now...

in my opinion i would go with the A30 if you dont have HDMI 1.3 on your tv..
I dont know. My TV's listing on the best buy website or any other wont be that specific. But either way it's alright. I'll just get the HD-A30. I'm gonna get it right now. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
I dont know. My TV's listing on the best buy website or any other wont be that specific. But either way it's alright. I'll just get the HD-A30. I'm gonna get it right now. Thanks everyone!
tell us what you think about this unit. i am thinking of getting this one my self.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesto719 View Post
tell us what you think about this unit. i am thinking of getting this one my self.
Actually it's okay. I already watched the Matrix and Terminator 3 on it. To be honest, Terminator 3, in my personal opinion, had a better transfer than the Matrix. I know the reviewers gave the Matrix an almost perfect Audio and Video rating and Terminator 3 4/5 stars for both, but to me, Terminator 3 came out clearer videowise even though the Matrix was just a pinch better soundwise. Still wish I had a deep color capable machine but this was my doing. I was so anxious I had to get one.

The load time is a little long. It takes like 15 seconds to load from turning on sometimes and when you put a disc in it takes about 8-10 seconds to load sometimes as well. It's great though. Once it starts, it's excellent. I think I'm gonna either play Constantine or the Rundown next. I have a lotta movies on HD-DVD now.

It came with the Bourne Identity and 300 packed inside. It was great too cuz 300 wasn't a combo edition and I personally HATE those stupid combo editions. I mean what's the point of getting and HD-DVD combo edition when they're gonna charge you more. Might as well sell it as ONLY an HD-DVD. You buy HD-DVD to watch HD-DVD, NOT DVD. You buy an HD-DVD player to play HD-DVD's, NOT DVD's.

Know what I'm saying?

Anyway, the remote is a tad primitive as far as its configuration goes but definitely serves its purpose. To be honest, if the HD-A35 comes out before the 1-month period is over for this HD-DVD player of mine ends, I'll give back this one and get the HD-A35. I know I'm terrible, but I'm impatient and I am obsessed with HD-movies and programs.