Pinnacle Studio and HD DVD Burning - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-19-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Pinnacle Studio and HD DVD Burning

Has anyone here ever used Pinnacle Studio to create HD DVD formatted disks?

you can purchase a $50 addon that allows you to create HD DVD Formatted disks on a blank DVD using your existing DVD burner. you should be able to get around 40 minutes worth of video. I have a Canon HV20 camcorder that I want to be able to watch my recording in high def on optical disk...

According to Pinnacle, the disk works in the Toshiba standalone players, but there is no mention of whether or not it works with the add-on...before I plunked down $50, wanted to see if anyone has tried yet...
Old 09-21-2007, 05:37 AM

Look for an article under jakeludington.com on using Pinnacle to burn HD on normal DVD. I can't post link.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 AM

I have never tried that as I'm still waiting for my HD-DVD player to be delivered, but I do have that Pinnacle add on, and I can try it for you when my Toshiba arrives.

Are you sure you can use a regular DVD Burner to burn HD-DVD discs?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Experince Burning HD DVD's with Studio

I used the Pinnacle Studio program to make a HD DVD from my Sony HD camcorder after a vacation in July. It works. You use a regular dvd in an ordinary dvd burner, but end up with a high def dvd you play on your HD DVD player. You can only burn 30 minutes or so.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaru View Post
Hi every one, just installed the Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus and did a test burn in HD-DVD format to a DVD-r disk, and it worked!

Just another option to burn HD disks!
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=18660

EDIT : Sorry , I read your post wrong, I see you were talking about Pinnacle Studio not Ulead Video Studio