What I Think XBox 360 Should've Been - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-18-2007, 07:00 AM

Default What I Think XBox 360 Should've Been

Okay we all know having that Blu-Ray player built into the PS3 and making all the games on Blu-Ray discs was very smart and has made them top both standalone HD-DVD player and HD-DVD add on sales, right?

Well, this is my thinking, I think one way Microsoft could've held HD-DVD's own, which they've sworn to back exclusively, was to make the XBox 360 an HD-DVD drive and make all the games on HD-DVD discs. I konw when the 360 first came out, HD-DVD's weren't exactly out yet but they should've done something similar. But they're always trying to make money instead. The add on isn't HDMI, right? Plus it's 179.99, separate from the 399.99 you people already have to spend on the Premium system. That's terrible!

They should've at least made the Elite system which runs about 479.99 that same way at least. That would've made a very similar outcome for the HD-DVD industry just like the PS3 did for Blu-Ray disc. Would've changed the entire course of this format war for sure if XBox 360 had started out that way........

Dont give me any of that financial mess. Bill Gates is one of the 10 richest people in the world. If anything, he could fund it himself if he wanted to but he's too set on ripping people off. And I thought the Blu-Ray supporters were doing that.

Just saying......
Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
Okay we all know having that Blu-Ray player built into the PS3 and making all the games on Blu-Ray discs was very smart and has made them top both standalone HD-DVD player and HD-DVD add on sales, right?

Well, this is my thinking, I think one way Microsoft could've held HD-DVD's own, which they've sworn to back exclusively, was to make the XBox 360 an HD-DVD drive and make all the games on HD-DVD discs. I konw when the 360 first came out, HD-DVD's weren't exactly out yet but they should've done something similar. But they're always trying to make money instead. The add on isn't HDMI, right? Plus it's 179.99, separate from the 399.99 you people already have to spend on the Premium system. That's terrible!

They should've at least made the Elite system which runs about 479.99 that same way at least. That would've made a very similar outcome for the HD-DVD industry just like the PS3 did for Blu-Ray disc. Would've changed the entire course of this format war for sure if XBox 360 had started out that way........

Dont give me any of that financial mess. Bill Gates is one of the 10 richest people in the world. If anything, he could fund it himself if he wanted to but he's too set on ripping people off. And I thought the Blu-Ray supporters were doing that.

Just saying......
I dont think people are being ripped off at all. MS have said from the start the 360 is a games console, that is its primary function and is very much distancing itself from the PS3 approach of movie player first, games console second. PS3 games are an afterthough to Sony at the moment.

While having a HD DVD drive included probably would have helped the HD DVD side win the war I am happy that MS at least give you a choice.

Maybe they can bundle Halo 3 with the HD DVD drive for $149
Old 09-18-2007, 10:24 AM

I think if the price went up with a hd drive then more ppl would have bought the ps3... Alot of ppl buy the xbox because of the price advantage... Without that Sony might have put microsoft out of the gaming business... I know theyre billionares but they arent going to continually lose money system after system.. maybe they shoulda renamedit the toshiba box may have sold more in japan.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznNintendoFan1 View Post
The add on isn't HDMI, right?
It is HDMI if you have your 360 connected via HDMI, which is only currently possible on the Elite, newer Premium systems and the Halo 3 XBOX 360.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 AM

I think it would be financially better for microsoftjust to buy a movie studio then to lose money on each hd dvd they would have out in a xbox