Just got HD-A2 : plays 1 disc but not the other - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 PM

Unhappy Just got HD-A2 : plays 1 disc but not the other

I just bought a Toshiba HD-A2, along with King Kong and Goodfellas.
I checked out a little bit of King Kong and it was fine, but when I put in Goodfellas I got a message that said it wasn't a DVD.
I brought Goodfellas back to Best Buy and exchanged it for another one, but got the same "not a DVD" result.

When I triued to get the firmware update it said it can't find the outgoing server.

I'm at a loss because I know King Kong is a newer release as compared to Goodfellas, so my logic tells me that newer discs would need updates, not older discs.

As much as the picture quality impresses me on King Kong, I am not impressed at all with the problems I'm having already. I don't know how they expect a format like this to take off with the general public who still don't know how to set the time on a VCR, let alone buy a new format DVD player that requires computer knowledge.

Has anyone else experienced what happened to me? Any suggestions on what I should do next?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM

Go to the toshiba website under support and firmware updates and download the latest update for your player,burn it as an iso cd disc (at slowest speed)using a program called Deepburner(free) then follow the instructions for updating at the toshiba website.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
Go to the toshiba website under support and firmware updates and download the latest update for your player,burn it as an iso cd disc (at slowest speed)using a program called Deepburner(free) then follow the instructions for updating at the toshiba website.
Hope this helps.
That's exactly what I just did (before seeing your reply) and it solved the problem. Thanks for the help though!