Any current of future players support wifi? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-14-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Any current of future players support wifi?

Hello, looking at getting an hd dvd player and wondered if any of them supported wi fi? I was unable to find solid specs on the 3rd gen toshiba players and i don't believe that the other toshiba models that are currently out have it. I was thinking that the new onkyo or something may have it but again, was unable to find finished specs on that one, too. Thought maybe someone here could help me out. I really don't want to have to update it via a cable......... Thanks.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 AM

Why not buy a bridge?

I use one in my bedroom for my Xbox 360, it plugs in the ethernet port and is powered by the wall and it allows me to avoid having a giant cable going throughout the house. It's a Netgear WGE111 54 Mbps Wireless Game Adapter and it works with anything that has a ethernet port really, and you can hide it behind the player if you wish. I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago and I've had no problems plus it's pretty small too.

It'll save you from waiting for a HD DVD player with it built in.
Attached Thumbnails
Any current of future players support wifi?-mousebridgesmall.jpg  
Old 09-14-2007, 04:37 PM

When I set up a Plasma in the basement, I'll definately have to check out how to do Wifi. Good luck
Old 09-14-2007, 05:03 PM

XBox 360 Wifi compatible.