Dolby True HD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Dolby True HD?

I recently received my HD-A2 that was ordered from Amazon and I am quite confused by the audio settings.

I am running my audio through the HDMI to the TV and from the TV to a Doby Digital decoder with surround speakers (via analog audio out).

The sound is great but the A2 says it is playing the Dolby Digital Plus track on my HD DVD's. I have two titles that contain the Dolby TrueHD track but I cannot figure out how to make the player output it.

Does anyone know if I need special audio equipment to utilize the TrueHD?

If not, how to I select that option? I have searched through the HD DVD menus and I have not found anywhere that allows you to choose which audio track you would like to play.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:59 PM

The audio track is in the disc menu. I think at the moment TrueHD tracks are only found on Warners titles, to activate the disc menu press the up key. On the disc I just checked (Batman begins) it is under Settings then Langauge Selection. You can pick the soundtrack and subtitle from here
Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 PM

I just picked my A2 up this weekend. The first HD-DVD I tried was Happy Feet, which does have a TrueHD soundtrack.

I couldn't find the audio settings in the disc menu. What I did was hit the Display button to bring up the info on screen. Then I scrolled through the different audio tracks using the Audio button. May not be the best way, but it got me there.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I found it in the Language settings. I'll also try the Audio Button while the display is up. I have not had a chance to watch a full feature with this soundtrack but I am looking forward to it very much. General opinion is that it is the best available.