Wacky 360 Add-on problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Wacky 360 Add-on problem

One of my local customers has an interesting add-on problem, which I have never heard of. Odd enough, that I went over to personally view it. He bought a demo version of Blades of Glory, which worked perfectly. Throughout the movie, a few seconds of loud static sound eminates then the picture freezes. But get this, the 360 HDDVD player shuts off by itself with the still frozen image on the screen The 360 console is still on, but all controls are unresponsive. Everything must be powered off to get the movie to play again. This has happened several times at different parts of the movie. How the heck can a frozen image remain on the screen with the HD DVD player off?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAddicts View Post
One of my local customers has an interesting add-on problem, which I have never heard of. Odd enough, that I went over to personally view it. He bought a demo version of Blades of Glory, which worked perfectly. Throughout the movie, a few seconds of loud static sound eminates then the picture freezes. But get this, the 360 HDDVD player shuts off by itself with the still frozen image on the screen The 360 console is still on, but all controls are unresponsive. Everything must be powered off to get the movie to play again. This has happened several times at different parts of the movie. How the heck can a frozen image remain on the screen with the HD DVD player off?
Strange. Sounds like he needs to update his firmware.

I don't know how the player works technically, but it sounds like it uses some sort of buffer or memory, in order for the drive to be off and to still be seeing an image.

At least, that's what i think anyway. Could be completely wrong.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:48 PM

I think his player is up to date, but I'll tell him to check again.