360 Add-on issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-31-2007, 01:50 PM

Default 360 Add-on issue

Hey folks. I've got the Xbox 360 HD add-on for movies, and am using it with my Samsung HLS5088 TV (50" DLP 1080p). I'm having some minor video playback issues with the player.

Occassionally, I observe some minor screen flicker, as well as bands appearing on the screen, where it seems like someone stamped the picture in a little bit and the picture is just a shade darker across the entire band. These bands can vary in height from a few hairlengths to an inch or two wide, going across the entire screen. These tend to start popping up after maybe 20-30 minutes

I'm normally pretty patient with these things, but it is still a bit of an annoyance. I've changed the component input i'm plugging the cables into on the TV once already. I don't experience any of these issues with our DirectTV HD receiver.

Does this sound like a bad player or bad cables? My roommate also has an add-on so I might try to see if i can swap out and see if there's a difference.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:17 PM

Tough to say. I would swap out your connections with the DirecTV ones and see if that still displays fine. If you are using the same cables then it is not them then. Try using your same input connection on your TV that you used for the 360.

You might also want to hook up to your roommates TV and see if it happens there, if it does then it is probably your display.

Good Luck!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:10 AM

If your Sat receiver is fine than your display is most likely also fine. I would say it's probably the add-on. Try your roommate's, and if it doesn't give you the same issues, take yours right back to the store and swap it out for a new one. If your roommate's does the same thing, try using a different connection (ie: VGA). That may fix things.