audio problem with xbox HD DVD add-on - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-22-2007, 12:05 PM

Default audio problem with xbox HD DVD add-on

I've got the Xbox360 HD DVD add-on. of course the audio/video signal runs into my xbox360, then i have the video signal plugged into the component jacks on my tv and my audio signal is split into my Bose Lifestyle 12 home theater system.

My problem is the dialog comes across very very soft when watching an HD DVD. soundtrack, SFX, etc all come across loud and clear, but i find myself having to turn the sound waaaaay up to hear the dialog. i do not have that issue when playing an Xbox game.

anybody heard of this issue?

ddv
Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 PM

i've noticed that on a few movies with mine, but my main problem is when i watch a movie it starts off great but by the end of the movie the audio is "off" a bit, their mouths will move on the screen and then the audio comes out about half a second later. really sucks.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvelin View Post
I've got the Xbox360 HD DVD add-on. of course the audio/video signal runs into my xbox360, then i have the video signal plugged into the component jacks on my tv and my audio signal is split into my Bose Lifestyle 12 home theater system.

My problem is the dialog comes across very very soft when watching an HD DVD. soundtrack, SFX, etc all come across loud and clear, but i find myself having to turn the sound waaaaay up to hear the dialog. i do not have that issue when playing an Xbox game.

anybody heard of this issue?

ddv
I suffer from this too --- I have to turn my volume up to hear the dialouge, but when an explosion or gun fire hits, my familys complains its to loud.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:38 PM

I'm no expert but maybe check your Dynamic Range Control setting on the HD DVD players audio settings. Play with that, it might help. Worked for my particular setup. L8rz!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:36 PM

how do i adjust the Dynamic Range Controls on the xbox HD DVD add on? i can only seem to find the general audio controls within the xbox menu that let me pick between analog and digital...
Old 08-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Start the HD DVD movie, and as it plays press the [display] button on your media remote, you should then be able to access the Dynamic Range Controls under the audio settings