my new HD-A1 but I have a few questions.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-26-2019, 08:49 PM

Default my new HD-A1 but I have a few questions....

I just recently bought a Toshiba HD-A1 hd dvd player with remote for $5 with 20% off (total of $4.22 with taxes) at a resale shop. Before buying it I powered it on and tested it with both a cd and a regular dvd (didnt have any hd dvds there or with me to test). The player did recognize both discs. I'm trying to find out what firmware it has but it seems it doesn't have a menu to go to. If I start the player up with no disc in it, it just shows "no disc" on the screen. The remote doesn't have any buttons on it to go to a menu of the player either. Does anyone know how to find the firmware on a HD-A1 player? I'm also trying to find an iso of the 4.0 firmware for this player. Every download I have seen is either down or is corrupted when downloaded. Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:26 AM

When I go home tonight I'll try to remember to take a look. I know all my Toshiba players have the latest firmware, which was released over 10 years ago. But I don't have an A1.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:07 PM

Do you know where to get the "latest" firmware?
Old 04-30-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik99 View Post
Do you know where to get the "latest" firmware?
I forgot to look last night on my players. I think when I turn them on it displays it on the screen. But I'll try to remember to look tonight. Not sure where to get the latest firmware. I think I downloaded it, but that was a decade ago.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 AM

By the way, here's a link to firmware 4.0. It can be downloaded and burned to a cd/dvd.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:36 PM

Okay, I just checked my A-3 and XA2 and neither of them show the firmware version when it boots up. I must have been mistaken. But if you go into the menu system you go into "General" and then "Maintenance" and then choose "Update." That will show you what you current firmware version is and ask you if you want to update. I believe that if you connect your player to your modem with an ethernet cable you'll be able to download the latest firmware. At least that's what I did long ago. However, it's likely, if not probable, that the site no longer works. But if your player lists version 4.0 then you are all set.

Please note, your player is an A-1, which I don't own, and it may be different from my players. I didn't check my A-30, which is in storage, but I know that has the 4.0 firmware and I'm sure that it updates the same way as above.