Denon Germany affirms plans for Denon HD DVD player - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Denon Germany affirms plans for HD DVD player

"HD-DVD-Player could likewise still come from Denon. The HiFi Edelmarke does not only want to concentrate on Blu ray the Disc: “Denon sees itself further obligated to offer to its customers the largest selection of maximumqualitative home maintenance products and therefore our future plans do not close the introduction of other High definition products in other formats out”, thus Joe Stinziano, Denons senior Vice President for Sales and marketing, in a press release. When it will give the first HD-DVD-Player of Denon, Denon Germany could not say, confirmed however appropriate plans"

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%...n&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Translation via google translator.

Last edited by diabolo; 07-25-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:21 PM

Interesting development, might we end up with a continental divide on HD-formats? America = Blu-ray and Europe = HD-DVD. That and if someone like Billary or Ghouliani getting into the White House, I might be ready to move to Europe!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Borvio View Post
Interesting development, might we end up with a continental divide on HD-formats? America = Blu-ray and Europe = HD-DVD. That and if someone like Billary or Ghouliani getting into the White House, I might be ready to move to Europe!
More like everywhere we will end up with players that play both formats.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
More like everywhere we will end up with players that play both formats.

That's what I'm waiting for, but certainly not from Denon. No offense but I'm waiting for a dual format player in the $200 - $300 price range. There are only 2 reasons I'm in this format war......

A) Inexpensive HD-DVD add-on for the 360.
B) I'm anti BD+ / region coding
Old 07-26-2007, 11:29 AM

This is nice though. Takes the thunder out of some of that smackdown talk.