TrueHD through HD-A1 - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 102
Default TrueHD through HD-A1

How do i get DD+ & TrueHD to output correctly? Analogs are hooked up and the sound is really low. I also get very low sub activity.

I thought it was supposed to sound clearer and louder. I tried adjusting the settings in the menu and I can't get anything to change. Help please!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerup38 View Post
How do i get DD+ & TrueHD to output correctly? Analogs are hooked up and the sound is really low. I also get very low sub activity.

I thought it was supposed to sound clearer and louder. I tried adjusting the settings in the menu and I can't get anything to change. Help please!!!
You have to go into the players menu and set your channel levels that should increase your volume
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2007, 03:59 PM
divian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petethebaker View Post
You have to go into the players menu and set your channel levels that should increase your volume
What channel levels would you recommend?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by divian View Post
What channel levels would you recommend?
i would go three quarters try the different to achieve the volume you like. Havwe a good day
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 102
Default

in the menu it starts from 0 then goes to -12. Isn't it supposed to go to +? I don't quiet understand it. I get little to no sub and it sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerup38 View Post
in the menu it starts from 0 then goes to -12. Isn't it supposed to go to +? I don't quiet understand it. I get little to no sub and it sucks.
Just checked my player as i have hdmi. I would try every channel at -12 as see what that does and check all connections you should be getting good volume!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 102
Default

Do you have to turn the volume level up higher than normal to hear the difference?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerup38 View Post
Do you have to turn the volume level up higher than normal to hear the difference?
Yes you do for the analogue outs
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 102
Default

i don't understand the reasoning behind having to raise the volume up higher than normal. Wouldn't you "hurt" something?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerup38 View Post
i don't understand the reasoning behind having to raise the volume up higher than normal. Wouldn't you "hurt" something?
No as long as your receiver and speakers are able to handle it you should be fine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
12 Monkeys -- No Dolby TrueHD PeterB HD DVD Software General Discussion 16 02-27-2008 09:11 AM
Quick Digital Plus / TrueHD Audio question Skeeve HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 4 12-08-2006 10:29 AM
Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD receiver?? Soundwave Home Theater Gear 15 11-17-2006 11:24 AM
THE THING HD - No Dolby TrueHD Audio Legobricke HD DVD Software General Discussion 6 10-23-2006 06:05 PM
TrueHD to make Blu-ray debut wildfeedtv Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 10-23-2006 09:58 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off