Vertical tray or slot-load professional rack mount DVD player? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 PM

Default Vertical tray or slot-load professional rack mount DVD player?

I have looked high and low for a DVD player that can be rack mounted in the vertical position (e.g. the rack is set into a desktop). I find plenty of slot-loading CD players, but no DVD players. Anyone know of a product like this? Requirements:

- Rack mountable (or, must have front panel controls so I can adapt it to rack mounting)
- Loads and plays reliably in the vertical position (must be special tray design, or slot loading)
- HDMI output

I have thought about taking a slot loading DVD player out of a TV/DVD combo unit, but not sure how integrated the player would be with the TV (power supply, shared controls), nor if such an internal player would have HDMI in the signal path to the TV.

Any thoughts or ideas would be most welcome!
-Mark