picture shift with A20 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 AM

Default picture shift with A20

First off here is my setup.
A20
Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver
Samsung LN-T4661F
Everything is connected using HDMI cables

These are sometime problems which is making it hard to figure out.

There are times when the the A20 starts up and the picture is shifted to the left. There is a black band about 1" wide along the right side of the screen. Turning the unit off and then back on will take care of it all though sometimes I have to do it multiple times. I have found that it happens less if the rest of the system is on before I turn on the A20. I updated the firmware yesterday but still had the prioblem.

The other problem I have had is that a few times the receiver doesn't sense the signal from the A20. Again turning things off and back on solves it but last night I to do this multiple times.

Okay I have been doing some swapping. I changed the HDMI cable and now the receiver has been seeing the feed from the A20. It just came up and the picture was centered. I then switched to my cable box (also on a HDMI port) then back to the A20. Now the picture is off center again. This leads to think there is an issue with the receiver.
Thanks for any help I get.

Keith

Last edited by keith; 07-22-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Exclamation Same exact problem

I have owned LNT4661F since early 2007. After first few months, it stated shifting the picture to the left by an inch or so with a black stripe replacing it. When this started it was happening sporadically but now it happens every single time. I have changed several STBs but problem has persisted. every now and then, sometimes it shows the full picture... but its once in a blue moon.
I also have an HTPC connected to this TV and it has never showed this problem with the computer.... i wonder why that is... ?
Anyways, did you figure out what was the problem? Did you try upgrading the firmware?