CNET admits they were wrong to bash Toshiba and HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Default CNET admits they were wrong to bash Toshiba and HD DVD

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...?tag=cnetfd.mt

So it seems that Cnet's David Carnoy has finally saw the light, a little bit at least. He now says that Universal is best staying Red, and that HD and Blu need to battle it out to the death, rather than HD just "surrendering" as he seemed to be wanting before. He admits the superiority of HDi over the Java platform of Blu, and praises the consistency among player features and standards in Toshiba's lineup.

I really appreciate his newfound logic, and maybe now I'll stop my boycott of Cnet and Crave lol.

(and I know this has already been posted in smack down, but seeing as I refuse to discuss stuff there I decided I'd go for some logical responses by putting it here.)
Old 07-19-2007, 01:54 AM

I can not trust anyone nowdays. I can seeall of these web sites acting like if they were covering sports on the radio or ESPN. They day the their team is winning they are talking great things about the team , and then the day their team loses, they end up talking awful things that completely contradict what they said the previous weekend.

I am talking here about all of these websites and I am not including Hunt since right now he is out of the closet and he is happy about it.

Last edited by divian; 07-19-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 AM

Good. People need to take both sides strengths into consideration. I'm glad he looks at all what HD DVD can do now. Slowly people will find out that HD DVD can do many things that make it so much better than regular DVDs. Toshiba really needs to educate everyone on these features.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbobarry View Post
Good. People need to take both sides strengths into consideration. I'm glad he looks at all what HD DVD can do now. Slowly people will find out that HD DVD can do many things that make it so much better than regular DVDs. Toshiba really needs to educate everyone on these features.

I think you are right.
Special features will be eventually a huge thing for both formats. Sony is also betting on it.