Just some thoughts... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-25-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Just some thoughts...

I Have a HD-A1 HD-DVD, coupled with a Polaroid 32" LCD(Not the Greatest)-working on another TV, and Bose Cinemate. I love My TV, I shall never go to a standard TV again.

My thoughts are these, I have read facts based to Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, I know Blu-Ray holds more, the Blu-Ray, for the most part use Mpeg2, and HD-DVD use VC-1 codecs. I bought the HD-DVD for price value, the player was half of the Blu-Ray cost and that time,I am a big fan of HD-DVD, just the discs seem to be cheaper. The quality seems unmatched, but my problem is: Blu-Ray has movies that are exclusive only to it i.e (Pirates of the Caribbean, X-men3, Saw Trilogy, and most the the Disney flicks). My own complaint is that I want to go in a store, and pick up those flicks and watch them in HD-DVD. I know eventually they may come out in HD-DVD. I am even considering buying a Blu-Ray for that simple fact, I don't wanna buy any more movies on Regular DVD if I can help it anymore, I am spoiled.

Another thought. Blu-Ray holds more, and can easily crank up the Bit Rates of the video-that is one thing that is lingering on my mind, and the uncompressed sound. So any suggestions?????????