Problem with Xbox 360 HD-DVD player - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 PM

Default Problem with Xbox 360 HD-DVD player

I'm hoping someone here could over me some help with a problem I'm having. I have the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player adapter and it has worked fine. However I tried watching a movie on using it yesterday and there is no option for me to select the HD-DVD player. In the menu that has play game at one end and system settings all the way on the other, where the HD-DVD options are normally located, there is no such option.

There is power going to the unit as I can eject it, and I have tried multiple cables and USB slots on the Xbox and they seem to work as the green light is turning on on the HD-DVD player. I can also plug a wired controller in to it and the Xbox is able to pick up on it, so everything seems like it is connected properly, but there is no option. Did they possibly move it to some very hard to find location?

The last time I used it was a month or two ago and it was fine. I also thought of trying to uninstall it from the Xbox and re-installing it using the disc that came with it, but I don't see where I can do that. Thanks i advance for any help, it is much appreciated.