Onkyo HD DVD player stuck on "Welcome" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-15-2011, 02:59 AM

Onkyo HD DVD player stuck on "Welcome"

I'm concerned that the recent power fluctuations and outtages we had during some winter storms may have taken it's toll. My Pioneer Blu ray that sits above it in my A/V rack has been acting a little quirky, too. Sucks, I've barely used the player and it looks like it just came out of the box. In other words it was too young to die!! Thank goodness for spares! Although I'm gonna miss my Onkyo, it was truly awesome. :iconhddvdpngci7:

Anybody know of a fix?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Did you try unplugging it for an extended period of time,say overnight at least? I have read of someone with a similar issue who did that and it magically started working again when he plugged it back in.Good luck.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg44s View Post
Did you try unplugging it for an extended period of time,say overnight at least? I have read of someone with a similar issue who did that and it magically started working again when he plugged it back in.Good luck.
I had the same problem with mine and that worked.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 PM

Unplugging overnite as others mentioned should do it. But if that fails, unplug it for a few DAYS. Do you have your equiptment plugged into good quality power strips / conditioners ? If not, then go buy some good ones before the next storm hits. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:16 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys! I've left it unplugged overnight, but that didn't seem to do the trick. I had it plugged into my Monster Power HTS2600 MkII which was a pretty decent unit in it's day. But then again it is Monster. I'll leave it unplugged and see where it's at in a couple days.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Most Surge Protectors need to be replaced after power fluxing and harsh situations where power flickers on & off during a storm.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM

I also had once the problem with my European Toshiba HD DVD Player E1. We do call this failure message here "Welcome bug". Anyway, the player was lost, the techn. support told me that the player can't boot anymore and I had to buy a new one. If your player has the same problem, than it's definitely cheaper to buy a new/used one.

Good luck!