Hd-xa2 Level And Quality Sound. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-06-2007, 10:09 PM

Unhappy Hd-xa2 Level And Quality Sound.

Hi everyone, I have a Sony Bluray and a Toshiba HD-XA2 both connected to a Onkyo 804 6.1 HDMI for sound and video and HDMI projected to a Sony 42" Full 1080p.

Something that I can notice is the level of volume, bass and brighteness sound of Bluray is superior than HD-DVD, for example if I put the volume of my Onkyo in 40 bluray sounds good and better than HD-DVD that needs more volume of my Onkyo, Why this?

I supposed that HD-DVD decodes internally the Dolby True HD and other available after that send it as PCM Multichannel to the Onkyo, Bluray works different because send it the sound to Onkyo in order to be decoded, but ŋIs it normal?

I feel worry because I donīt know exactly was going on about sound quality and level for my HD-DVD, I am thinking to stay only with the Bluray and take out the HD-DVD.

Is there something wrong about Setup or whatīs happening? Please somebody help me, I love more HD-DVD than Bluray.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolin View Post
Hi everyone, I have a Sony Bluray and a Toshiba HD-XA2 both connected to a Onkyo 804 6.1 HDMI for sound and video and HDMI projected to a Sony 42" Full 1080p.

Something that I can notice is the level of volume, bass and brighteness sound of Bluray is superior than HD-DVD, for example if I put the volume of my Onkyo in 40 bluray sounds good and better than HD-DVD that needs more volume of my Onkyo, Why this?

I supposed that HD-DVD decodes internally the Dolby True HD and other available after that send it as PCM Multichannel to the Onkyo, Bluray works different because send it the sound to Onkyo in order to be decoded, but ŋIs it normal?

I feel worry because I donīt know exactly was going on about sound quality and level for my HD-DVD, I am thinking to stay only with the Bluray and take out the HD-DVD.

Is there something wrong about Setup or whatīs happening? Please somebody help me, I love more HD-DVD than Bluray.
have you updated the firmware for your XA2? i know when i bought mine it was version 1....there has been a ver 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 and just released 2.0 i just updated to version 2.0 and sound is very solid and deep on my xa2. so you might want to go into the setup under general and then select maintenance then select update to see what version you are at....if your less then version to you can update it throught the ethernet connection and read the manual how to do it....tales about 20-30 mins to update should correct your issues
Old 07-07-2007, 12:42 AM

My XA2 sounds solid.....no complaints at all.