How do I get Dolby Digital TrueHd - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:16 AM

Default How do I get Dolby Digital TrueHd

Hi , Thank you for your help. I installed the firmware update and i selected the multi-channel outputs. I only have the system setup for 5.1 at this time. I read that all you need is a hdmi receiver or analog outputs and your good to go.I think my problem is i dont know what i should have the setting at on my Hd-a1 player. I have it on bitstream and under that I have it set to auto. Should it be on PCM or Downmix PCM? How do I know if its working? What do you do on your receiver to get trueHD? I just push the multi channel input button and I thought thats all you need to do.
Thanks for your help.
chad
Old 12-18-2006, 10:38 AM

In order for me to get TrueHD I had to have both settings set to PCM and that took care of it for me. You'll know if you have it by selecting in the movie menu under audio settings and then pushing display on your remote while the movie is playing it will tell you what audio is selected...plus, your ears will know the difference as well
Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 PM

Make sure you turn off the Dialog enhancement feature in the A1 also.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:09 AM

Here's a one year anniversary post I thought I'd bring back. Are the first generation Toshiba players still available? I think Leon's stores in Canada still sell them, or am I wrong?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Special Member

Do NOT bump threads that have been dead for over a year.
Closed Thread