Microsoft FINALLY acknowledges issue with Paramount/Dreamworks and HDCP link lost - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-21-2010, 04:21 PM

Default Microsoft FINALLY acknowledges issue with Paramount/Dreamworks and HDCP link lost

After a year of fighting with Microsoft on the issue where all Paramount/Dreamworks movies will flash the hdcp link lost message and the screen will go black randomly using HDMI, they finally were able to duplicate the issue after agreeing to acquire several of the movies and test the issue themselves.

The fix should be out in the coming months along with the next system update

Probably wont affect a ton of people anymore but its good news for people that still use the hd-dvd addon for Xbox 360
Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 PM

Know it wont happen but PLEASE allow the player to do lossless audio!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybona View Post
Know it wont happen but PLEASE allow the player to do lossless audio!
You could always hook up the hd dvd addon to a PC and rip the movie to a media center. I probably will do this later this year when I build a HTPC. Only issue is I need at least 6 TB just to store my HD DVD's.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post
You could always hook up the hd dvd addon to a PC and rip the movie to a media center. I probably will do this later this year when I build a HTPC. Only issue is I need at least 6 TB just to store my HD DVD's.
What are you using to play the HD-DVD rips with lossless audio?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 PM

Rip them out and convert them to .mkv with the lossless audio intact and then anything that just streams will stream them with lossless (although most folks tend to convert to lossy just because of size). This is what I do for my media center streamer (using a home server streaming to 3 or 4 different things..12TB and counting so far)