Why Toshiba is the best... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Banned

Default Why Toshiba is the best...

I recently purchased the Toshiba HD-XA2 and completley amazed by it's quality. But after a few weeks I noticed a flickering or jolting of the picture during HD DVD playback that was happening 3-4 times during the movie at random spots for any movie being played.

I called Toshiba, got through no problem. Told them the issue, they suggested a few things that I already did. So they told me to send it in for repair. I did send it in and about week and a half later I got it back. Played TONS of movies and did not once see that issue again.

Satisfied customer. As long as HD DVDs are made, I am buying.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:36 AM

my HD-A1 has been flawless since summer 2006, except that it crashed once.

i'm very satisified...

wish i could trade it in for HD-A20 though.

OH well.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:13 PM

Toshiba is a great manufacturer and always has been. Plus, being pretty much the only major CE manufacturer backing HD DVD that makes players, I think they're going to bend over backwards to make sure their customers are happy with their players no matter what. If not, it could spell trouble for the format. So as long as HD DVD is still in a format war with Blu-Ray, expect some awesome customer service.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 PM

I've always been a Toshiba fan. I love their Tv's, DVD and HD DVD players. Their customer service, IMO, ranks with the best. I recommend Toshiba to all my friends.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:50 PM

btw, my current M500 and last laptops are both Toshiba.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 AM

Back in 2000 I picked up a Sony Vega, it was frigging BRILLIANT. But it cost me 1400 bucks for a 27inch CRT TV. A year and a half later I picked up a Toshiba 27inch TV (flat screen) and it too was frigging BRILLIANT. It cost me 450 bucks. Both still work flawlessly, the toshiba has a 16.9 mode feature which is really nice.

So what does that tell me? Sony make great stuff, so do does Toshiba but Sony is way overpriced for what you get.

That is why I picked up the Sharp Aquos, way way better value for the dollar.

Sony needs to deliver great quality at a fair price, not great quality at a high price. As much as their TV division is doing well they are starting to get killed by low priced entry chinese CE.