HD-XA1 and HD-XA2 stacked in rack and controlled with Harmony remote - same signals?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 PM

Default HD-XA1 and HD-XA2 stacked in rack and controlled with Harmony remote - same signals??

Hi All,
Just recently relocated my backup HD-XA1 in the same rack with my HD-XA2. Never had both units in same area before and didn't realize that the remote (either original one) works for both players. I just bought a Harmony 880 PRO remote to control my whole system. After testing it, I realize that when I set a program to just start up the XA2 for example and then push play, etc. (or when powering off), both units do the same thing. Is there a way that one of the players can be set to be on a DIFFERENT CHANNEL or not? Thanx in advance for any suggestions.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:11 AM

The simplest solution is to unplug the XA1, as it is just a backup and is not being used.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:28 AM

Yeah, all HD DVD players, from the A1 to the A35, and even the XA2 clones from Onkyo & Integra, respond to the same remote control. But, in a rack it's probably a bit inconvenient to unplug one. You might put the two players on separate power strips so that you can switch the power off on the one you don't want to respond to the remote control.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Yup, I got the same issue before. I simply took one out.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:50 AM

I use the XA-1 sometimes just to keep it running and look at it all lit up. It really is a more elegant looking machine than the XA-2 IMO. I was thinking of somehow covering up the IR eye on the front panel so it doesn't receive signals from the remote. Then I can still use it but have to open the door and press play. Not even sure though where the "eye" is it, plus it would probably ruin the front panel appearance.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Formerly Lordoftherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by conqst99 View Post
I use the XA-1 sometimes just to keep it running and look at it all lit up. It really is a more elegant looking machine than the XA-2 IMO. I was thinking of somehow covering up the IR eye on the front panel so it doesn't receive signals from the remote. Then I can still use it but have to open the door and press play. Not even sure though where the "eye" is it, plus it would probably ruin the front panel appearance.
The IR sensor is right to the right of the front panel display. It would be perfect for you to put a small black piece of electrical tape or material, without ruining the nice looks.

* For the very best look, just use a round sticker with a nice logo (1.5 cm diameter will do perfectly).
...And you can still look at it in all it's glory, without using it.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:41 PM

Yep, happens to me too, with A2 and A35