Firmware Update Guide For New Toshiba HD DVD Owners - Page 8 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noibeli View Post
Hi

I'm new in this forum. So please excuse, when I ask some dumb questions ;-).

I'm from Switzerland and i imported an HD-XA1 Player from the US. So, my Problem is, I wanna do an Update to the Firmware 4.0 for my Toshiba and the Internet Connection doesn't work anymore. I also don't want download anything.

So me question: Does anybody got a original Toshiba Firmware Update CD 4.0 for the XA1? Toshiba.com doesn't ship international, so thats why I'am here...

It would be nice to get one, i'll pay a good price.....THANKS!!

Friend, you'll save yourself a lot of time if you just download Imgburn and download the firmware iso for page 1 of this thread. I've done it numerous times and it works flawlessly. Just do a search on google for imgburn. It really is the best iso burner out there, and it's free.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote: "Exit out of the setup menu and remove any disc that may be in the HD DVD player. Turn off the power and then turn it back on. You should then be able to update to the latest firmware via the Setup menu (General --> Maintenance --> Update) and then following the on-screen instructions"

The Toshiba instructions does not say anything about powering off?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meuni View Post
thanks a lot
Thanks a lot to what?
Old 08-26-2015, 03:08 AM

Toshiba HD-EP35 (HD-EP35KE) - low frequencies output problem.

I have Toshiba HD-EP35KE player (region-free + FW 4.0) - when testing this unit with HD DVD test discs Silicon Optix HD HQV Benchmark HD DVD and Joe Kane Productions (JKP) / VideoEssentials DVE HD Test & Demonstration Materials HD DVD + R1 NTSC DVD Combo I found that for some reason my unit is not sending out to the amplifier / receiver (Onkio TX-NR929) any frequencies below 60-70Hz. In Toshiba configuration I am using HDMI out with Auto (full auto multichannel bitstreams for Dolby, DTS and (L)PCM). For other players/sources connected to Onkyo (Funai VHS, Pioneer BD, Pioneer LD, Sony MD etc.) the low frequencies are working as expected. Any ideas how to solve?