High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   HD DVD Hardware General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-hardware-general-discussion-11/)
-   -   Downgrade firmware for HD-a30? (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-hardware-general-discussion/70301-downgrade-firmware-hd-a30.html)

mrsantora 11-01-2008 03:18 AM

Downgrade firmware for HD-a30?
 
I installed the 4.0 firmware on my A30 and suddenly my Batman Begins HD DVD started stuttering and freezing. Several other HD DVDs are acting similarly.

So, I'm figuring the best way to fix this is to roll back the firmware from 4.0 to something more stable. I've been trying to figure it out but nothing yet. Anyone have a modified firmware to roll the player back? Or know how to do it?

Thanks
Mark Santora

chris gerhard 11-01-2008 09:18 AM

I have updated my HD-A30 to 4.0 without any issues yet but I haven't played "Batman Begins" and possibly the others you are having issues with. Have you seen other similar complaints about 4.0? I thought it was very stable based on everything I have read. I don't understand the trick to roll back the player but there was an explanation of how to go back from 3.0 to 2.7 and that technique will likely work with some modification to the files being used.

Chris

Guns4Hire 11-01-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsantora (Post 1259653)
Batman Begins HD DVD started stuttering and freezing. Several other HD DVDs are acting similarly.

Why dont you list all the movies that you are now having problems with using the A30 with 4.0 firmware. That way others can test those discs and you can find out whats actually happening.

mrsantora 11-04-2008 01:42 PM

I ended up modifying the firmware and downgrading it to 2.0. Works fine. Still a little finicky with the HD DVDs and scratches/dust - but that's what a nice cleaning cloth is for.

Mark

Rich86 11-04-2008 02:18 PM

I've been very pleased with the performance of my A-30 under the 4.0 firmware so far. But my discs are pretty much all in pristine condition (if that is the issue here).
I haven't tried playing Batman Begins under the 4.0 firmware however. Where in the movie do folks have problems? :cool:hhhhdvd

mrsantora 11-05-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich86 (Post 1264195)
I've been very pleased with the performance of my A-30 under the 4.0 firmware so far. But my discs are pretty much all in pristine condition (if that is the issue here).
I haven't tried playing Batman Begins under the 4.0 firmware however. Where in the movie do folks have problems? :cool:hhhhdvd

All my HD DVDs/DVDs/LDs/LPs are in excellent condition. So that's never been it. But it looks to have been resolved. Now I'll try it on the unit in my wife's office. =-)

Mark

MikeAK 11-06-2008 09:33 PM

This is why I don't install the latest firmware, my player is still on 1.3 and doing very good.

Judge Kemp 07-11-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsantora (Post 1264087)
I ended up modifying the firmware and downgrading it to 2.0. Works fine. Still a little finicky with the HD DVDs and scratches/dust - but that's what a nice cleaning cloth is for.

Mark


If you don't mind helping out, could you post the .iso file to do this dowgrade of the firmware? Ever since upgrading firmware to 3.0 and then 4.0 I'm getting a greenish tinge on any and all movies I watch. Thanks!

JAC35 07-11-2009 09:59 AM

Have you tried unplugging your player? (give it a good reset) BB works fine on my A-30 @FW 4.0. I do know that green screen affect you talk about. I saw it on my HTPC after upgrading PowerDVD 7 no to mention menus missing on the Uni titles. Nasty stuff.... I will search for a link a guy had some ISOs of different versions posted around here somewhere.

*edit* PM Sent

Judge Kemp 07-11-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAC35 (Post 1606982)
Have you tried unplugging your player? (give it a good reset) BB works fine on my A-30 @FW 4.0. I do know that green screen affect you talk about. I saw it on my HTPC after upgrading PowerDVD 7 no to mention menus missing on the Uni titles. Nasty stuff.... I will search for a link a guy had some ISOs of different versions posted around here somewhere.

*edit* PM Sent

jac-- didn't have a PM in the inbox, not sure if you've sent it yet. Thanks!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.