The Ultimate HD DVD Collection - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 07:48 PM

Default The Ultimate HD DVD Collection

:iconhddvdpngci7: How I will miss thee. But I have to buy the kid a car before college in August so my entire collection is up for sale. There are over 300 HD DVD discs and the HD DVD A35 (in original box) and the isolation cones it has been on since the 1st day, that comes in this complete package.

I wanted to see if there was any interest here before I go to eBay.

This collection includes an exceptional collection of VERY rare/almost impossible to find, HD DVDs. These include, but are not limited too:

Running Scared - Germany

Hoodwinked - Poland

One Six Right - USA

HDNet Best Of World Report 1 AND 2 - USA

The Song Remains the Same - USA

and many, many more. No, I WILL NOT SEPARATE this collection. It is all or nothing.

Also included is such a super rare HD DVD, only a handful of people have one. A copy of the German magazine, "HEIMKINO" which includes a brand new and unopened copy of CSI: NY, as I said, EXTREMELY rare indeed!!!

ALL discs have been stored in a climate controlled environment, removed from the original cases, and stored in four 80 capacity DiscGear holders. All are catalogued, though in no particular order. I also have all original cases with artwork, including the steelcase for the HD DVD titles that were released like that, such as Tarantino's 'DEATH PROOF' from Germany.

Again, I am only selling so I can add to the kids college car fund. I will not entertain insultingly low offers. This is such a complete collection that just isn't found everyday, if at all.

So please, reply here on if anyone might be interested in such a fabulous collection of some of the best movies ever made, like, 'THE GRADUATE' and 'THE ROAD WARRIOR', or the best concerts ever recorded such as 'THE EAGLES FAREWELL TOUR' or 'BARRY MANILOW LIVE!' and the ultimate player to watch them on!

Think I'm going to watch Running Scared tonight. The Denon AVR IS NOT INCLUDED in the sale - Photo only to depict how it has been on isolation cones its whole life. :iconhddvdpngci7: :wink:
Attached Thumbnails
The Ultimate HD DVD Collection-dscn0103.jpg  
Old 06-29-2016, 08:43 AM

70 views and not one comment? Damn...

Listed on eBay. Title list included:[ATTACH=CONFIG]5292[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5294[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
The Ultimate HD DVD Collection-img747.jpg   The Ultimate HD DVD Collection-img748.jpg   The Ultimate HD DVD Collection-img749.jpg   The Ultimate HD DVD Collection-img750.jpg  
Old 06-29-2016, 12:48 PM

With the exception of some of the rare titles, most of us have already picked up all of the HD DVD titles that we wanted. Many of them selling for less than $5 each. Most of us also have multiple HD DVD players.

Speaking for myself, I would have no need for the player and most of the titles. If you would consider selling the titles individually I believe you might find some more interest.

Either way I hope it all works out for you.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:11 PM

Thanks.

Yes, if I broke it all up, I'd get ALOT more interest. But only on the rare and impossible to find discs.

I am marketing this for the serious collector. Even without the rare titles, there are still about 120 titles more than what even you (hardcore) have. That's substantial.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
I am marketing this for the serious collector. Even without the rare titles, there are still about 120 titles more than what even you (hardcore) have. That's substantial.
Yes, that is true. But at this stage in the game, with HD DVD having died almost 10 years ago, most of us have already purchased all of the HD DVDs we are interested in with the possible exception of rare and hard to find gems.

I don't know what you're asking, and I hate to say it, but many of those titles are worthless. Almost all of them can be purchased on Blu-Ray and most of the hardcore HD DVD guys already own them.

I really think you'd do better trying to sell the player separately, maybe with a bunch of the worthless HD DVDs thrown in. You could then try and sell the rare HD DVDs individually. There are collectors who might be interested in them.

Just my thoughts. Good luck and I hope you're able to sell them for a good price.
Old 06-29-2016, 04:44 PM

Yes i don't think the OP will get much above the $99 opening bid. Certainly not the $1250 Buy It Now price. I know I would sell my HD DVDs in a heartbeat if I could get that much. But I certainly hope that I'm wrong about the auction.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:07 PM

Closed..... .:iconhddvdpngci7:
Closed Thread