That's Entertainment! - The Complete Collection (HD DVD) (Boxset) $35 shipped - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-06-2009, 07:20 AM

Default That's Entertainment! - The Complete Collection (HD DVD) (Boxset) $35 shipped

That's Entertainment! - The Complete Collection (HD DVD) (Boxset) about $35 after shipping from iNetVideo.
http://www.inetvideo.com/Items/N01-0122131
Old 03-06-2009, 02:58 PM

ive seen this before i think but wuts it about?
Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by themiz69 View Post
ive seen this before i think but wuts it about?
It's basically a 5-6 hr series highlighting the most memorable moments in classic/ early cinema, each clip is introduced by a iconic/influential Actor from that period. I.E. Classic scene from singing in the rain.... Any which way it's a great series, I'm not huge into that period of cinema but am trying to watch more and more movies from that time because of the impact they have had on modern movie.

So yeah, I ordered it.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhefer1 View Post
It's basically a 5-6 hr series highlighting the most memorable moments in classic/ early cinema, each clip is introduced by a iconic/influential Actor from that period. I.E. Classic scene from singing in the rain.... Any which way it's a great series, I'm not huge into that period of cinema but am trying to watch more and more movies from that time because of the impact they have had on modern movie.

So yeah, I ordered it.
It's a very interesting documentary, I like the first and third parts the best (and anything with Judy Garland). It's also very interesting to see how the PQ is in so many different older films (obviously they didn't do any restoration to a lot of cuts), and to get an idea of what some films like The Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain and Meet Me in St. Louis will look like when they come out on BD (although they'll probably do more work on those films and the result may look even better on BD).
Old 03-08-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhefer1 View Post

So yeah, I ordered it.

It is specifically MGM films primarily musicals that are highlighted and it is a great set if you are fan of MGM musicals from the 30's, 40's and 50's.

Chris