help for vhs&dvd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-14-2011, 02:44 AM

Default help for vhs&dvd

I just bought a new RCA dual vhs to dvd machine which works fine for my own tapes from tv. My problem is when copying movie vhs (about 30 of them) which won't copy (pops up with "video is copy protected".
Any way of getting around this? Some of these tapes are 10-12 years old and i'm afraid they may get outdated and break the tapes.
Thanks in advance for any help. :yay:
Old 07-14-2011, 03:09 PM

Some answers here:
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-d...3-dvd-vhs.html

Why do people keep asking about copying VHS to DVD in the HD-DVD Bargains forum?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 AM

To the best of my knowledge (I'm still learning too), the protection is on the tape and the DVD recorder senses the protetction and refuses to copy it.
Now, the trick is to get something (GREX video stabilizer- call it what you will) in between the video output of the VCR and the video input of the DVD. I have one ordered. You need to make sure that the combo unit has the ability to output and input via an aux port OUTSIDE of the unit and DO NOT use dubbing. Dubbing does all the copying internally and then you cannot defeat the "protection reading" by the DVD recorder. Hope this makes sense.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:24 AM

I can recommend a company with a solution. Here is the site I have found:
http: xdimax.com/grex/grex.html.They have a device called Grex video stabilizer.
I heard that with Grex help it will be possible to remove protection from DVD and TV channels
and thus be able to download protected video to DVD.