Everything Coming to Disney+ - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Staff

Default Everything Coming to Disney+

Check out all the original titles announced so far for Disney's upcoming streaming service.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...o-disney/44693
Old 08-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Founding Member

Might we see Star Wars in 4K finally? Would be cool.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:52 PM

Many people, including me, don't care about all of these new productions. We want to see the classic Disney stuff. The stuff that used to be on the original Disney Channel when I was a kid. A lot of that stuff has never been released on any home format. Is any of that coming to this new Disney channel? Or is it just the new stuff? If it's just new TV shows then I don't see any reason at all to join. I know I'm not alone.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:24 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Many people, including me, don't care about all of these new productions. We want to see the classic Disney stuff. The stuff that used to be on the original Disney Channel when I was a kid. A lot of that stuff has never been released on any home format. Is any of that coming to this new Disney channel? Or is it just the new stuff? If it's just new TV shows then I don't see any reason at all to join. I know I'm not alone.
Supposed to be lots of back catalog. Not sure exactly what. But classic animated movies have been mentioned. I sure hope the classic Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto stuff will be released.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
Supposed to be lots of back catalog. Not sure exactly what. But classic animated movies have been mentioned. I sure hope the classic Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto stuff will be released.
I'm more interested in the older Disney live action movies, such as Moochie of the Little League. There are a lot great Disney productions that have never been released. Not even on VHS.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
I'm more interested in the older Disney live action movies, such as Moochie of the Little League. There are a lot great Disney productions that have never been released. Not even on VHS.
I guess it's a wait and see. I'm in for sure, for both new and old.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:32 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
We will probably NEVER see an upgraded Song of the South.
But maybe HD releases for Black Cauldron and a lot of the titles we might see on Disney Junior such as Lion Guard, Elena of Avalor, Sofia the First, etc. I still remember the short run show The Wuzzles, I actually have it on SVHS somewhere. One can hope to eventually see these same HD releases offered on BD.

I guess The Vault is a thing of the past as well. I guess that's a good thing. It is said that day and date releases of home video products and Disney + are going to happen as well. I still will want the physical release but that is most certainly a bonus. No more blind buying new Disney movies, watch them on release day and decide from there. Not that I have ever really been disappointed with a Disney movie, but that's still a legitimate concern.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:00 AM
Founding Member

I guess we won't find out what's in 4K unless they release. They seem to be just touting the "look how much material we have!" aspect more than anything about quality. Here's hoping for lot's of quality 4K.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
I guess we won't find out what's in 4K unless they release. They seem to be just touting the "look how much material we have!" aspect more than anything about quality. Here's hoping for lot's of quality 4K.
The Netherlands got a sneak peek and there are some 4K titles. Look further down for the 4K info.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/12/2...n-pilot-marvel
Old 09-25-2019, 03:15 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
The Netherlands got a sneak peek and there are some 4K titles. Look further down for the 4K info.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/12/2...n-pilot-marvel
Some decent stuff for sure. Let's just hope it expands.