Disney Reveals Pricing & Availability for Disney+ Streaming Service - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Staff

Default Disney Reveals Pricing & Availability for Disney+ Streaming Service

Pricing and a launch date have been revealed for Disney's upcoming streaming service.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...-service/43943
Old 04-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Watcher of stances

less than i expected, i'm sold it will truly have access to the back catalog of films/content for my kids
Old 04-12-2019, 05:59 PM

Considering it's Disney, I would have expected it to be more than that. Then again, it's all 1st or 2nd party stuff, so that would keep costs down.

I need to know more about the catalogue availability in Canada, especially TV series. There is some stuff I want to check out that's not readily available (Disc or TV), at least not in Canada.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Founding Member

I was pretty salty when they announced this, but as long as we keep seeing original material and great catalog offerings, I have to admit the pricing is attractive.

Let's hope they use Dolby Vision where applicable.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:00 PM

The price is certainly right, but what is it going to provide that I don't already own on DVD/Blu-Ray? Every Disney DVD or Blu-Ray that I want is part of my personal library. What I would most be interested in are the movies that have not made it to DVD and/or Blu-Ray? Disney has a lot of older films, many of which are black and white, which have never been released on any format. Or they have a lot of titles that have only been released on VHS and/or DVD in pan and scan. I'd be interested in high quality streaming of those titles in their original aspect ratio.

For the record, I have no interest whatsoever in new original programming. None. I realize that many others might be very interested in that. But I'm not.

So I'll have to see what tis new channel ends up having before I commit. But the price is right.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:12 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
The price is certainly right, but what is it going to provide that I don't already own on DVD/Blu-Ray? Every Disney DVD or Blu-Ray that I want is part of my personal library. What I would most be interested in are the movies that have not made it to DVD and/or Blu-Ray? Disney has a lot of older films, many of which are black and white, which have never been released on any format. Or they have a lot of titles that have only been released on VHS and/or DVD in pan and scan. I'd be interested in high quality streaming of those titles in their original aspect ratio.

For the record, I have no interest whatsoever in new original programming. None. I realize that many others might be very interested in that. But I'm not.

So I'll have to see what tis new channel ends up having before I commit. But the price is right.
I would love if they have hi def versions of old Disney cartoons. I'd love to revisit some of the old stuff I have seen in decades.