Disney Reveals Pricing & Availability for Disney+ Streaming Service - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Staff
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,186
Default Disney Reveals Pricing & Availability for Disney+ Streaming Service

Pricing and a launch date have been revealed for Disney's upcoming streaming service.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...-service/43943
__________________
Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2019, 08:42 AM
michealo's Avatar
Watcher of stances
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 27,497
Default

less than i expected, i'm sold it will truly have access to the back catalog of films/content for my kids
__________________
why hate? participate!
Elitist Indifference FTW
xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Shadow of Death's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,564
Default

Considering it's Disney, I would have expected it to be more than that. Then again, it's all 1st or 2nd party stuff, so that would keep costs down.

I need to know more about the catalogue availability in Canada, especially TV series. There is some stuff I want to check out that's not readily available (Disc or TV), at least not in Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 AM
DanzBorin's Avatar
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,612
Default

I was pretty salty when they announced this, but as long as we keep seeing original material and great catalog offerings, I have to admit the pricing is attractive.

Let's hope they use Dolby Vision where applicable.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 691
Default

The price is certainly right, but what is it going to provide that I don't already own on DVD/Blu-Ray? Every Disney DVD or Blu-Ray that I want is part of my personal library. What I would most be interested in are the movies that have not made it to DVD and/or Blu-Ray? Disney has a lot of older films, many of which are black and white, which have never been released on any format. Or they have a lot of titles that have only been released on VHS and/or DVD in pan and scan. I'd be interested in high quality streaming of those titles in their original aspect ratio.

For the record, I have no interest whatsoever in new original programming. None. I realize that many others might be very interested in that. But I'm not.

So I'll have to see what tis new channel ends up having before I commit. But the price is right.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:12 PM
DanzBorin's Avatar
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
The price is certainly right, but what is it going to provide that I don't already own on DVD/Blu-Ray? Every Disney DVD or Blu-Ray that I want is part of my personal library. What I would most be interested in are the movies that have not made it to DVD and/or Blu-Ray? Disney has a lot of older films, many of which are black and white, which have never been released on any format. Or they have a lot of titles that have only been released on VHS and/or DVD in pan and scan. I'd be interested in high quality streaming of those titles in their original aspect ratio.

For the record, I have no interest whatsoever in new original programming. None. I realize that many others might be very interested in that. But I'm not.

So I'll have to see what tis new channel ends up having before I commit. But the price is right.
I would love if they have hi def versions of old Disney cartoons. I'd love to revisit some of the old stuff I have seen in decades.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,413
Default

I still might opt for this channel, but will of course save a few bucks and go for the annual subscription. I know it's risky doing so, but how often has Disney sucked?
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-10-2019, 07:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I still might opt for this channel, but will of course save a few bucks and go for the annual subscription. I know it's risky doing so, but how often has Disney sucked?
Any updates on what will be available on this new Disney Channel?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Any updates on what will be available on this new Disney Channel?
I seem to receive most of the Disney company emails and have not seen anything myself.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off