Netflix Announces Price Increases for Subscription Plans - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-15-2019, 04:18 PM
Staff

Default Netflix Announces Price Increases for Subscription Plans

The company's monthly plans will now cost as much as $2 more.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...on-plans/43430
Old 01-15-2019, 10:20 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

And just like those attached to a cord (Cable/satellite) price increases continue. Maybe I am just a bit bitter because I don't spend days on end on Netflix, so I don't really get the full value. I've watched only a handful of Netflix Originals so again, the price increase to me isn't really justified.

Looks like they're doing this one plan at a time. I never use the 4K streaming option so I went to switch it back to HD and noticed the prices on SD and HD already went up, but not Ultra HD.

Quote:
This latest increase likely comes as a result of the streaming service's continued investment in original film and TV content in the face of growing competition from new digital platforms
*cough*ullshit. Ummm, I always thought added competition meant you also have to be price competitive.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Founding Member

^^^Totally agree...

Netflix chose to make more movies and shows. I didn't ask for it... You are supposed to keep pricing the same and add more to deal with the competition. Not replace all shows with your own content and then jack up prices. I used to pay less for 3 discs at a time with streaming. Now just streaming costs way too much. HBO is less expensive.