Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Palmer is offline Administrator

Default 4K Ultraviolet Headaches: How & Where To Redeem Digital HD Codes in 4K UHD

If you've ever ended up with an HD Digital Copy after trying to redeem your Ultraviolet code from a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, there two possible reasons.

1) the movie isn't availalbe to stream in 4K UHD

or

2) you made a mistake while redeeming your code or haven't linked the right accounts, which means there may be a way to get access to a 4K streaming copy of your movie.

If you're in group two, this latest Home Theater 101 article is for you:

4K Ultraviolet Headaches: How & Where To Redeem Digital HD Codes in 4K UHD

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

If Josh Z is compiling a list of the failures of UHD (like he has done for BD) I hope he adds this. Actually, I'm sure he will!
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

Question (or how bout a step by step): When I redeem a code on Universal's site I get 3 choices, which do I use to ensure my online library reflects 4K? Fandango Now, Vudu, Flixster.
    Or does it not really matter because UPHE parses the right parameters to the destination site?

I also notice the absence of LionsGate in the guide. Can I assume my general feeling about them is true, even in 4K? I feel they're not a friendly company that pretty much region locks all their releases. If you have a UV code in the UK and redeem it, it will not parse to your USA account while pretty much all other vendors do. You may have even seen me use the word 'assholes' when describing the practices of that company. So there are no 4K redemptions is what I am trying to say with regards to LionsGate.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Question (or how bout a step by step): When I redeem a code on Universal's site I get 3 choices, which do I use to ensure my online library reflects 4K? Fandango Now, Vudu, Flixster.
    Or does it not really matter because UPHE parses the right parameters to the destination site?
    I personally use VUDU for Warners & Universal titles because they have Dolby Vision HDR. FandangoNOW Universal 4K titles are non-HDR (their Fox titles are, but require that hard drive thing). When you redeem via Universal/VUDU, the title shows up in your Ultraviolet library as: VUDU: SD, HD, UHD.

I'm not sure what happens if you choose Flixster. It should still import into VUDU if those accounts are linked, but I can't guarantee it.

Plissken99 is offline Member

A while back I heard using the codes on Flixster and merging with UV/VUDU was the thing to do. So I did a half dozen or so movies, Star Trek 1-2, Ghostbusters 1-2, Kingsman, Pineapple Express, BvS.. the Star Treks appeared in my VUDU account for a couple of days, watched some of the first one. Ever since they are gone, the other movies never even appeared.

I just unlinked and relinked the accounts(again), still won't merge. Am I missing something, or is it still just screwed?
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

Quote Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
    A while back I heard using the codes on Flixster and merging with UV/VUDU was the thing to do. So I did a half dozen or so movies, Star Trek 1-2, Ghostbusters 1-2, Kingsman, Pineapple Express, BvS.. the Star Treks appeared in my VUDU account for a couple of days, watched some of the first one. Ever since they are gone, the other movies never even appeared.

I just unlinked and relinked the accounts(again), still won't merge. Am I missing something, or is it still just screwed?
    For the Sony titles, they're trying to do their own thing. The Paramount stuff is weird b/c you can buy some 4K titles to stream, but their codes (supplied with discs) don't seem to unlock 4K. Another headache, lol.

Might as well add a comment about the ass-hats at Disney in the article. Code that comes with a 4K disc does not unlock 4K content and furthermore only way to get Dolby Vision is a separate purchase of digital only.

Redeemed Kong Skull Island. I noticed that Warner Movies All Access links with UVVU.com, NOT Vudu.com. The reason probably why people have mixed/bad results is they have been redeeming via Vudu.com. Either way I don't care to test the theory, I will use the WB page.

After redemption I went to uvvu and noticed the UHD endorsement is present

updated this post: Disney's 4K Blu-ray codes are now unlocking 4K VUDU streaming.

solarrdadd is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    updated this post: Disney's 4K Blu-ray codes are now unlocking 4K VUDU streaming.
    do you mean that when redeemed in DMR (if linked with VUDU) the movie shows up as 4K or do you mean, that if you take a Disney code (of a 4K movie) and redeem it in VUDU that says they do have that movie in 4K it will redeem in 4K?

I ask, because I redeemed my GoG V2 in VUDU and all I got was HDX. my accounts are linked, I did go to DMR and get my redeem points (200) I can see the movie is available to watch too in my Disney anywhere app, but, vudu says HDX only for me. I'm so pissed.
    55" Sony SXRD KDS-55A2000 1080P
    PS3 Slim x2 & XBOX 360 Elite, iPhone6+ 128gb
    iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi x2, NAS-4tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 players
    Marantz AV7702MKII Pre/Pro; NR-1607 receiver; Audioquest XLR & RCA interconnects, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200/700, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters
    ATMOS/DTS:X 7.1.4/5.1.2 NYGIANTS!

Quote Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
    do you mean that when redeemed in DMR (if linked with VUDU) the movie shows up as 4K or do you mean, that if you take a Disney code (of a 4K movie) and redeem it in VUDU that says they do have that movie in 4K it will redeem in 4K?
    I redeemed my code via DMR as opposed to DMA and yes, unlocked UHD. You do have a DMA account as well right?
    Either way Palmer mentions the criteria, I suspect you redeemed it before Sep 9. Read the article as it gives you contact info.

I redeemed my code via DMR as opposed to DMA and yes, unlocked UHD. You do have a DMA account as well right?
    Either way Palmer mentions the criteria, I suspect you redeemed it before Sep 9. Read the article as it gives you contact info.
    I was somewhat misled by what I read in Palmers post. I redeemed mine this past Friday in VUDU based on his post, thinking it would have been redeemed UHD (it's from a UHD disc purchase) but of course, it wasn't, it was HDX. I did email Disney as per the article via the link, so, since mine was almost a week past Sep 9., they should, not sure when, give me the UHD at least in VUDU.

thanks for your response.
    Marantz AV7702MKII Pre/Pro; NR-1607 receiver; Audioquest XLR & RCA interconnects, iFi iDSD DAC & iUSB, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3! Emotiva XSP-1, XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200/700, & mini-x Amp, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12, Pro-Ject Debut 3 TT, Polk Audio SDA-2 & Monitor 10A/5A Peerless Tweeters

^^^ try redeeming it on DMR even though you already have on Vudu. This usually still works because you're also getting DMR points for the purchase.

Thumbs up

^^^ try redeeming it on DMR even though you already have on Vudu. This usually still works because you're also getting DMR points for the purchase.
    as I mentioned, I emailed Disney, they got back to me and added the UHD version of GoTG V2 to my vudu account. so, the info in Palmers post is now confirmed by me!

Hey, solarrdadd, sorry you had to go through all of that, but 1) I'm glad they fixed it and 2) once again we've proved why this article exists -- this 4K streaming stuff is a headache!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast