Dish Network Launches the Blockbuster Movie Pass Streaming Service - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-23-2011, 06:53 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Dish Network Launches the Blockbuster Movie Pass Streaming Service

It's a sweet deal too, as long as you're a Dish subscriber already.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/23/d...pass-all-incl/
Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 PM

Its sad that you have to be with Dish Network to get the streaming for $10. I hope they will eventually open it up to everyone which in time I am sure they will or at least launch something for non-Dish customers that is very similar to this. It would only be wise to do so. For Dish customers this deal is a no brainer.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:21 AM

I think they are probably just starting this up with Dish Subscribers for two reasons.
1. This is going to be a bit of a beta test, to see if they can really pull this off. Before pushing it out to Blockbuster only customers.
2. They mentioned that they will have an extensive advertising budget for this, so they will obviously use this in advertising. It's something that their competition Does Not have, so they'll market the crap out of it.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 PM

Went to Dish's website and read up on it - http://www.dishnetwork.com/blockbustermoviepass/

Seems to explain a bit more about what its about.

It sounds interesting, but not sure if I want to pay an extra $10 at the moment. Dish already offers thousands of movies for free to stream to your reciever, and more if you are on the PC. I also have the Blockbuster rental service, and I have Netflix Streaming. It DOES sound interesting though. I might try it for a month or two and see what I think.

EDIT: OH, this includes the mail option and the in-store exchanges. So, it sounds like, for an extra buck a month, I can get 20 additional channels and streaming to my recievers. Well, that sounds like a deal to me! I wonder how easy they will make it to convert existing Blockbuster accounts to Dish Network, or how easy it will be to intergrate my two accounts.