Best online movie collection site? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 AM

Default Best online movie collection site?

I apologize if this has been asked before..

I'm looking for a website where I can keep a listing my collection.. it would need to have both and , as well as DVD.. LD and VHS would make it perfect.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've seen some sites, but none encompass all formats.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonician View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before..

I'm looking for a website where I can keep a listing my collection.. it would need to have both and , as well as DVD.. LD and VHS would make it perfect.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've seen some sites, but none encompass all formats.

Thanks!
That easily goes to www.invelos.com. You have to a one time fee of $29.95, but it is entirely worth it as their database is very extensive and you get plenty of features. If you don't want to pay then I would go with www.dvdaf.com.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:52 PM

I just use www.imdb.com; just click on My movies
Old 06-14-2009, 08:34 PM

Anyone have an idea on how difficult/expensive for someone without computer programming knowledge to learn enough to make an individual private site for ones collection?

Is it cost prohibitive to purchase any necessary tools it takes to design the site plus hosting fees not to mention would take a lot of time just to learn how to do so?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abintra View Post
Anyone have an idea on how difficult/expensive for someone without computer programming knowledge to learn enough to make an individual private site for ones collection?

Is it cost prohibitive to purchase any necessary tools it takes to design the site plus hosting fees not to mention would take a lot of time just to learn how to do so?
Why when both IMDB and DVD Afficiando are free?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
That easily goes to www.invelos.com. You have to a one time fee of $29.95, but it is entirely worth it as their database is very extensive and you get plenty of features. If you don't want to pay then I would go with www.dvdaf.com.
Yeah I bit the bullet and payed for this when they finally started charging for it. However it is totally worth it. I know that it does DVD,HD DVD, and Blu-ray but I dont think that it does LD or VHS. It does 100 really cool things that the free ones dont and online ones cant. 30 bucks for a piece of software that is always getting updated in program and database ? A bargin.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
Yeah I bit the bullet and payed for this when they finally started charging for it. However it is totally worth it. I know that it does DVD,HD DVD, and Blu-ray but I dont think that it does LD or VHS. It does 100 really cool things that the free ones dont and online ones cant. 30 bucks for a piece of software that is always getting updated in program and database ? A bargin.
I totally agree with you here.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Why when both IMDB and DVD Afficiando are free?
Curiosity and interest.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:37 PM

For laserdiscs: lddb.com
For DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray: DVDProfiler
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 PM

I use DVDAf but I'm not too thrilled with any of the current options out there. I really miss DVDSpot.