No chance of Kingdom of Heaven making its way to HD DVD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 AM

Default No chance of Kingdom of Heaven making its way to HD DVD?

This is one of my absolute favorite war movies. I know its a controversial statement, but I like this movie head over heels more then Braveheart (which is near and dear to many movie goer's hearts). It looked absolutely stunning in regular DVD, I can only imagine how it looks in Blu-Ray. Now I just want it in HD-DVD

And even though the title doesn't mention it, what about The Devil Wears Prada? I noticed a Blu-Ray release scheduled on Deep Discount DVD, not no HD-DVD. I loved this movie, and my wife is a fashion designer (I'm a fashion designer-in-training) so we both loved the storyline.

Last edited by HovhannesB; 12-04-2006 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:49 AM

if fox goes HD-DVD route then i am sure u will see it, but if blu-ray wins the format war then probably not, ur better off getting a combo format player so that you can play both formats.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

I've had this movie in a pile waiting to be watched for a long time now, I just haven’t got round to it given the panning it seemed to have got. Is it any better than King Arthur?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejstar View Post
I've had this movie in a pile waiting to be watched for a long time now, I just havenít got round to it given the panning it seemed to have got. Is it any better than King Arthur?
Light-years better. However, I was more interested in it as political and historical allegory than as a war movie.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:32 PM

sorry, but I thought the movie was not that good. I kept hoping legolas would die
Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 PM

I liked the combat in it. The siege scenes were phenomenal. Among the best ever filmed. Unfortunately, the plot was a total snooze.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 PM

I watched and liked KoH but it felt rushed. Then I found out a bunch of scenes were cut. I now look forward to watching the Directors cut and I'm sure I'll like it more.

I won't have a Blu-ray player for a while so it looks like I'll have to get this one on DVD and upscale that baby.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
Light-years better. However, I was more interested in it as political and historical allegory than as a war movie.
Good to hear, as I thought King Arthur was pants. Anyway, quite psyched about this after reading Peter's review!