monitor is wanted!...for work/design/, gaming, watching DVDs-any advices are welcome - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 AM

Question monitor is wanted!...for work/design/, gaming, watching DVDs-any advices are welcome

Going shopping for a monitor - for work/design/, gaming and watching DVDs- want to have all in one because the living space and “office” all in one too . Really, don’t know how to start…of course the cheaper the better, but how cheap it can be to not to loose quality.
How about, BenQ new Full HD monitor E2200HDA 16:9 looks , is it really good?
Does anybody have been using it for a while?
How does it feel?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:00 AM

Thumbs up

I’ve got about a month ago BenQ E2400HDA…
its cheap because of aspect ratio/resolutuion allows them to get more panels per thingy
also it only has d-sub input and no HDCP...
But it’s nice design and cool colors!
So far I think it’s a good deal.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 AM

I've got the BenQ 24 inch HD monitor, it's very nice for playing videos and what not, has USB ports too which i guess can be handy.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 PM

I use a HP W1907 19-inch Widescreen Flat Panel High Definition LCD Monitor. The speakers suck, but the picture is awesome. I have it on an articulating arm too. I am very happy with the PQ and the price point.

Best Buy had great deals on these on Black Friday so I am sure you could find some decent deals online. good luck!

Quote:
Product Description
HP W1907 19 In Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor. The HP w1907 with BrightView panel provides an elegant flat panel monitor with a wide view for work or play. TThe HP w1907 provides a BrightView widescreen panel for for brilliant picture quality. Dual inputs support true digital /DVI D/ and traditional analog /VGA/ signals. HDCP enabled for optimum viewing of High Definition content /High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection. My Display provides one touch adjustment for brightness, color and contrast. Quick View modes change work environments easily and quickly. Integrated speakers and keyboard parking keeps your desktop clutter free. Personalize your monitor with Easy Clip by clipping on photo holders, cameras, and accessories. Dual inputs support digital /DVI D and analog /VGA signals.The wide aspect ratio and high resolution bring gaming, videos and internet surfing brilliantly alive when you plug into your HP PC. Creative and technical users can maximize project productivity with this widescreen. View two pages side by side for editing graphic layouts, or working with wider spread sheets. Rotate from your regular view to portrait mode to view long documents or web pages. Extreme resolution at 1440x900 for bright, awesome graphic quality perfect for videos, photo editing or gamingon your PC. Standard 15 pin D sub analog and advanced DVI D digital interfaces for optimal graphic performance.

Product Description
With a resolution of 1440 x 900 and wide workspace, you can watch videos, edit photos, surf the net or play games with the HP W1907. Its wide aspect ratio and fast response time bring work and play brilliantly alive when you plug it into your PC. Video input connector - Digital (DVI-D) and Analog (15-pin D-sub VGA) Speakers and microphone - Integrated Rear Facing Display viewing angle - 160 degrees horizontal and up to 160 degrees vertical viewing angles Display moving angle - Vertical tilt range -5 degrees to 25 degrees Display resolution - Up to 1440x900 at 60Hz recommended Scan rates - 55-75Hz vertical, 30-83kHz horizontal Plug and play Kensington Lock Ready Security User controls - Switch Video Input, Brightness, Contrast, Image Control, Color, Quick View, Language, Management, Information, Factory Reset, Exit Power supply type - Internal AC Adapter Power consumption - 49 watts maximum on operating mode, 2 watts max in power saving mode Dimensions - 380 x 184 x 462 mm with stand Weight - 5 kg
amazon has them for 179.00 right now. good reviews and used to be 275.00

http://www.amazon.com/W1907-19-inch-.../dp/B000OK1046

edit: I guess the contrast ratio sucks...hmm, I still think the picture looks great.

Last edited by sneakypete; 01-12-2009 at 10:13 PM.