High-Def Digest Podcast idea thread! I need your help! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Lightbulb High-Def Digest Podcast idea thread! I need your help!

So I am going to create a High-Def Digest podcast which I am calling the "Modcast" due to the fact that forum moderators will be the regular participants. I beginning to get some ideas together on what we should talk about and I want your input and suggestions.

Here are some ideas I have so far:

News
I will recap the latest High-Def news from our sites (and maybe a few other sites). I will also include intresting news that has to do with films and the two high-def video game consoles.

Recaps of Interesting Threads (RIP!!)
I will summarize (not read word for word) the contents of some of the "hot new" threads and I will tell you what section you can find it in and who the thread was started by.

The High-Def Hilarity Honor (The Triple H???)
Awarded to a member who has posted a very funny or wity comment. Once again the post must follow the forum rules.

The selection process will envolve me going through popular threads, and I will also encourage you to recommend people by sending me a private message that includes a link to the person's funny post. Recommending yourself is not allowed.

The War Report
This will be comprised of the mods telling us about their take on the current state of the format war.

Alright so now I want some suggestions from you folks. Got an idea for an award or segment? Post it below! Do it now!

Your ideas:

New Release Rants
This idea is from Wayne. We could all comment on the recent/new releases. We could talk about the movie itself (if we don't own it) or about the picture/audio quality or our favorite sequences if we do own the release.

Letters from Listeners
This idea is from Pat H. I can't believe I did not think of it. I just listened to IGN's Scoop Podcast today and the always close the show by reading mail sent to them.

Coming attractions
This idea is from Iggytx. A quick rundown on titles set to be released before the next podcast.

Overlooked Oldies
This idea is from Maxx_75. Suggest an old release that may have been overlooked by our listeners.

Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 05-01-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:42 PM

This sounds like an interesting idea. You should make it available via itunes so that it will be easy to get and listen to.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
This sounds like an interesting idea. You should make it available via itunes so that it will be easy to get and listen to.
K. Good idea I guess. What else ya got?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:14 PM

How about short reviews of new releases?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:38 PM

Awesome idea! Another nice section would be like a letter to the editor type feature, where forum members would submit short rants and commentary (appropriate of course) and then have them read and commented on by the panel. It would give other members a chance to get their comments on the cast.

Also as a side note, I've done production for broadcast radio so I would be glad to help with general audio, effects, intros/outros, etc. if you want. Just PM me if you're interested at all.

But good luck with this, sounds like a great addition to the site!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:38 PM

I think that a part on problem disk/player/firmware combos would be nice.

Such and such disk had a bad printing, or Stargate's subtitles are missing ect. Firmware 1.5 fixes such and such ect.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
Awesome idea! Another nice section would be like a letter to the editor type feature, where forum members would submit short rants and commentary (appropriate of course) and then have them read and commented on by the panel. It would give other members a chance to get their comments on the cast.

Also as a side note, I've done production for broadcast radio so I would be glad to help with general audio, effects, intros/outros, etc. if you want. Just PM me if you're interested at all.

But good luck with this, sounds like a great addition to the site!
Holy shit! I can't believe I forgot the Fan Mail segement. Thanks man! I will add it to the first post and give you credit for the idea.

I will definitely need your help to get the podcast put together. I am not sure what software I need to use to record commentary from particpants that are not sharing a mic with me. I will be in touch.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
How about short reviews of new releases?
Good idea. Each of us could give our thoughts on the new releases. We may not have seen the new releases though, since we woud have to buy them ourselves. But we can still talk about the High-Def Digest review, or about what we think of the movie itself.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:06 PM

Wow. Great Idea. Really cool. How long are you planning on making each podcast? Will it be weekly? Monthly?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanthaPoodoo View Post
Wow. Great Idea. Really cool. How long are you planning on making each podcast? Will it be weekly? Monthly?
The podcast will be as long as it needs to be. I love long podcasts as long as they are interesting or funny. I can listen to them while I work for hours on end. It is like talk radio about stuff I actually care about!

After first it will be probably be bi-weekly. Maybe one day it will be weekly.