Movies your still waiting for SDVD Release of. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Default Movies your still waiting for SDVD Release of.

Are there any movies that you enjoy that still have not released on standard DVD? What are they?

I would love "Body Slam" & some of the old WCW PPV's on DVD. Still sitting on
my shelf in VHS and going to waist since I no longer own a VCR.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:15 PM

I'm still really bummed that no one has released the original X-men cartoon series that used to air on Saturday morning back in the 90's. This was my first and only connection to the X-men world until the release of the live action movies (never could get into comics).

They've released The Tick cartoon which aired at the same time. And with all the hype from the movies I would have thought the X-men cartoon series would be out by now.

I'm fully prepared for that series to be completely cheesy and disappointing now that I'm no longer 12, but I'm still dying to see it.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:47 PM

I'd like to see them release all of the old Dr. Who episodes in boxed sets for separate doctors.As it is they're releasing them by the individual story and they're very expensive.
Strangely enough they've had no problem releasing every season of the new Dr Who series right after they finish running on tv.
I'm not a big fan of those.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironorr View Post
I'm still really bummed that no one has released the original X-men cartoon series that used to air on Saturday morning back in the 90's. This was my first and only connection to the X-men world until the release of the live action movies (never could get into comics).

They've released The Tick cartoon which aired at the same time. And with all the hype from the movies I would have thought the X-men cartoon series would be out by now.

I'm fully prepared for that series to be completely cheesy and disappointing now that I'm no longer 12, but I'm still dying to see it.
You can find a compilation episodes from the 90's animated series on the following DVD's:

X-Men Legend of Wolverine

X-Men Phoenix Saga

X-Men Sanctuary

X-Men Reunion
Old 06-07-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBuff22 View Post
You can find a compilation episodes from the 90's animated series on the following DVD's:

X-Men Legend of Wolverine

X-Men Phoenix Saga

X-Men Sanctuary

X-Men Reunion
Thanks for the tip! It's a far cry from having the entire 76 episode series, but it's better than nothing. They have "The Legend of Wolverine" on Netflix, so I stuck it at the top of my queue (long wait, of course). At least it will give me the chance to determine if it was really as good as I remember.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:44 PM

howard the duck.......

need i say more
Old 06-07-2008, 09:25 PM

Felix the Cat The Movie FTW
Old 06-07-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! It's a far cry from having the entire 76 episode series, but it's better than nothing. They have "The Legend of Wolverine" on Netflix, so I stuck it at the top of my queue (long wait, of course). At least it will give me the chance to determine if it was really as good as I remember.
It was... I have the entire series on my PC. I am sure if you look you can find a torrent link.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:

You can get bootleg copies off of ebay. I bought an 8 disk set backin 2004 and quality is decent enough. I'm like you in that I'm still waiting for an official release, but at least I have the series. Also, like Batman the Animated Series, the X-men series holds up really well, and is rarely if ever cheesy. It was done very well, and will hold up well for a very very long time. I highly recomend looking for a torrent link or picking up a set off of e-bay.

I'm also looking for a box set of the spiderman series from the 90's as well. I hardly ever watched the series when I was younger, but I'd like to pick it up now. Other noteworthy movies/shows to hit dvd...

-Popples boxed set
-Tiny Toons Boxed Set
-Howard The Duck
-M.A.S.K. box set
-
Old 06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

The Howard the Duck DVD's were nothing but VHS transfers burned to DVD. Not quite good enough IMO.