Canada: Where to buy HD DVD/Blu-ray movies? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Canada: Where to buy HD DVD/Blu-ray movies?

Best Buy and Futureshop are generally a total ripoff. Anyone know of an online retailer in Canada that charges reasonable prices? Or perhaps an online retailer in the States that has reasonable shipping charges to Canada without getting reamed by customs?

Last edited by Feyd; 03-23-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:30 AM

nope, cuz canada is a ripoff country
Old 03-24-2007, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwaneSTUD View Post
yeah I know....wait aren't you living in Canada ......why not Taiwan??? ....weird! why would you live in a "rip off" country? ......go back too Taiwan! ....we don't need anyone living here just to use "rip-off" Canada for the Citizenship and free health care ....and if Canada is a "rip-off" country like you claim... what does that make you for deciding to live here?....hmmm many words come to mind...but I will be polite(Canadian way) and let you fill in the blanks!

Last edited by redbawlz; 03-24-2007 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwaneSTUD View Post
Very very true words. Ebay becomes your friend
Old 03-24-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Best Buy and Futureshop are generally a total ripoff. Anyone know of an online retailer in Canada that charges reasonable prices? Or perhaps an online retailer in the States that has reasonable shipping charges to Canada without getting reamed by customs?
I think if you look closely and search you can find good deals and FS, BB, and even Wal-Mart...but it takes a better search......but for the record I have seen alot of movies in Bellingham US that are more expensive then in BC ......but like I said amazon.com is the best deal even with conversion...asumming customs doesn't get crazy!...LOL
Old 03-24-2007, 10:26 AM

Amazon.com is what I'd recommend, even if you don't have the 10% off in 2007 promotion. There are some movies that I haven't found in Canada/from Canadian retailers below MSRP, it's worth it even with the shipping.

Most Amazon.com orders ship to your place from within Canada, shouldn't be any customs.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:08 PM

Amazon.ca is good for Books and DVD's. I don't have a player for HD DVD or Blu ray, but I do have a wishlist for each format and the pricing doesn't seem too bad. Blu ray tends to be more $, but deals can be had on both sides of the fence. It is in canadian currency and free shipping is available.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:40 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
yeah I know....wait aren't you living in Canada ......why not Taiwan??? ....weird! why would you live in a "rip off" country? ......go back too Taiwan! ....we don't need anyone living here just to use "rip-off" Canada for the Citizenship and free health care ....and if Canada is a "rip-off" country like you claim... what does that make you for deciding to live here?....hmmm many words come to mind...but I will be polite(Canadian way) and let you fill in the blanks!
hahah... canada is a fine country, it's just that the government is pissing me off, as an immigrant we've spent more than you could ever imagine and let's not even get into that. on top of that i won't even be here to enjoy those free health care and all those benefits... (i don't even know how long i can live)

and many of my canadian friends agree with me

Last edited by TaiwaneSTUD; 03-24-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Most Amazon.com orders ship to your place from within Canada, shouldn't be any customs.
Interesting, I didn't know that. Guess I'll come up with a list of 5 titles or so and bulk-order them from Amazon.com to save on shipping.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkobylka View Post
Very very true words. Ebay becomes your friend
someone seems to agree with me...

but nah.. Ebay... say i tried to buy a game for $50 on ebay...

then when it comes to canada, it becomes $50 plus $10 handling plus 15% tax

how good is that? to me that's a ripoff, especially when you can't find certain products and you have to go thru ebay.

maybe i should put it this way

Canadian government is ripping off its people.

Last edited by TaiwaneSTUD; 03-24-2007 at 06:45 PM.