An Interesting Thing Just Happened - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 PM

Default An Interesting Thing Just Happened

I had woken up at 10 and went to eat breakfast in the kitchen. My mother had on "Regis and Kelly" and they were showcasing some new high-tech gadgets. When they got to the video category, there was the LG dual format player. They showed the price on the screen as $1200, and the techie announced that the two formats, which were incompatible with each other's players, could now be both played on this one standalone player. At that point, the studio audience let out a great cheer that really took me aback. I was surprised at their immediate acceptance of the BH, in spite of the higher price.

Just wanted to see what thoughts people might have about this. With the lukewarm reception of the BH on Amazon and other places, I assumed that it wouldn't be well-regarded, but it looks like people might not worry about the extra money if it means they don't have to miss out on one studio's movies.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:44 PM

It's Regis & Kelly. They'd probably cheer a Big Mac served in a Taco Bell shell.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM

Yeah...they're kinda told to cheer really big at certain spots.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:32 AM

if they only made a good Dual Format player, I might consider, till then, im about to get my 3rd Blu-ray player
Old 02-03-2007, 10:27 AM

LoL - never trust a studio audience, they have either a big sign turned on when they should cheer or a audience coatch who tell em' to cheer...
Old 02-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
if they only made a good Dual Format player, I might consider, till then, im about to get my 3rd Blu-ray player
why not get an hd dvd player? i mean come on... you must not be hurting for cash... give it a try... i caved and bought a ps3... lol
Old 02-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
Good little robot.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
why not get an hd dvd player? i mean come on... you must not be hurting for cash... give it a try... i caved and bought a ps3... lol
Nah, its not the cash thing at all but more supporting one format to hopefully see a end to the format war. I wouldnt go the 360 route either so if I ever got a unit, it would be the standalone and I dont have the space for that. Hell, if I got a stanealone Blu-ray unit (im looking at the sony one currently) it would have to replace my Sony DVD changer and I like having that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidevil98 View Post
Good little robot.
its Mr. Robot to you. But I need them all
Unit 1. PS3
Unit 2. Sony Blu-ray Recorder (not sure to put it in my Mac or PC)
Unit 3. Sony Blu-ray unit (dont own yet, still deciding, might wait for a 2nd gen)